60 replies to this topic

#21 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

I figured the more data we have the better so I decided to do this too since I don't really have a refresh problem most of the time.

I can use all websockets except "Port 443, SSL" but that might be because I'm on a private university network and that port might be blocked.

I had the following results from the tracert from my university network.

Spoiler

I didn't have time to set up a VPN connection sadly, my university makes setting up VPN connections very difficult...

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#22 k-swizzle

k-swizzle

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

I think it might help to mention that I'm connected from Amman, Jordan and my ISP is the biggest turd there could be: I'm on their best plan and clock 2meg if I'm lucky, making VPN connection absolutely impossible. Might be the reason. Still no improvements on my side although I did manage to connect to a lobby without getting kicked off at the ready up stage earlier. Somehow my reliability has dropped too... no clue if it's linked.. Would be really nice to be able to play without refresh issues anytime soon. As mentioned in my first post on this topic, I didn't experience the bug earlier the first few times I tried tf2c so maybe something changed in one of the updated that were made to the site?

Thanks

#23 Obnoxious

Obnoxious

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

It never refresh for me as well, here s some screenshot of your solutions, hope it helps fixing the problem.

traceroute : http://hpics.li/2f7ba53

socket : http://hpics.li/e3cbc02

#24 OverkillTASF

OverkillTASF

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:55 AM

I also encounter this issue. Both with Iceweasel in Linux and Firefox on Windows. Even from completely seperate internet connections in two different cities with two different ISPs. I believe the in-game browser works fine for both (though it can't launch Mumble).

#25 k-swizzle

k-swizzle

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

Finding it great how nobody seems to really care about this anymore.. OP is now over two months old and still no fix or even update?

#26 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

k-swizzle: The issue to be fixed is not an easy one to fix as it's only affecting certain people that don't seem to have any commonality.

Some new information which may assist some people with this issue.

If you have Hamachi installed, uninstall it and attempt to use TF2Center (after a reboot). A friend of mine has been having the same issue and we've tried different fixes and work around. It seems after uninstalling Hamachi, everything on the site started working for him, including refreshing as it is supposed to.

#27 talse

talse

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:17 AM

It seems as though running the websocket over ssl would fix it for me, and probably quite a few others. Is this possible? 

#28 OverkillTASF

OverkillTASF

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

I would be more than happy to test this with a developer. I am a server administrator and have both Windows and Linux machines and can provide testing on both proxied, unproxied, NATed, unNATed, IPv6 and v4. Will collect Wireshark dumps as desired.

For me at home, this is resolved by disabling my SQUID proxy, which is transparently routing ONLY port 80 through the proxy. And hasn't caused any mysterious impact anywhere else.

With proxy on, Iceweasel gives me:

[20:23:57.941] Iceweasel can't establish a connection to the server at ws://rc.tf2center.com/lobbies?15-IResourceListener.0-&X-Atmosphere-tracking-id=0&X-Atmosphere-Framework=1.0.13&X-Atmosphere-Transport=websocket&X-Atmosphere-TrackMessageSize=true&X-Cache-Date=0. @ http://rc.tf2center....DF811E82.js:638
[20:23:58.056] GET http://rc.tf2center...._=1397262237947 [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 84ms]
[20:23:57.943] "Websocket closed, reason: Connection was closed abnormally (that is, with no close frame being sent)."
[20:23:57.943] "Websocket closed, wasClean: false"
[20:23:57.943] "Websocket failed. Downgrading to Comet and resending"

With it off, all works correctly.

I am not a web developer so the tons of information available in the web console doesn't mean much to me, and I don't know what to provide.

Squid does appear to be passing the traffic correctly, as I receive the expected "TCP_MISS" for an uncached, but valid and proxied, web request. However, if WebSockets ends up then trying to do straight TCP/IP chatter over port 80, a proxy server will definitely get in the mix. For this reason, I would expect most web-socket utilizing websites to do the websockets on port 443, since most proxies have to be configured to just pass 443 traffic through as is. It's possible that Squid will be smart enough to recognize plain-text HTTP on port 443 and not treat it like a CONNECT request... but I don't have a good way to test that at present.

Users, make sure you are not behind a proxy. Some of you will know how to do this, some of you will not. Internet security software can silently intercept your web traffic for scanning, as do most corporate Internet connections. Some of you won't be able to address this even if you knew how, due to Internet provider restrictions or just having an overbearing parent like me.

TF2Center. Consider running websockets on port 443, or providing an alternate path (HTTPS, secured by a free CaCert certificate) for users who are on "tampered with" connections.

Edited by OverkillTASF, 12 April 2014 - 12:01 AM.

#29 Birdboy628

Birdboy628

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

Still no answer? Firefox 28 Windows 7 64 bit.

#30 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Gentlemen,

I have prepared a test using SSL, using a self generated certificate, therefore you need to manually accept it.

https://beta.tf2center.com/lobbies

The easiest way to test is just to type a chat msg and see it appearing in the panel. I have also set up a Lobby, so selecting slots should have the same result as chatting (both using websockets).

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Cheerz

MN

#31 k-swizzle

k-swizzle

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

Hello, thanks for the reply- sadly this doesn't seem to have resolved it for me. On a slightly different note, I used to work with a vpn so had config files and  a program called 'Tunnelblick' lying around. I've deleted/uninstalled everything to do with all that though so surely if that was the issue it would have been resolved. Further, I don't nor have I ever owned the program 'Hamachi'. 

Cheers and apologies for being a d*ck in earlier post.

#32 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

Cheers and apologies for being a d*ck in earlier post.

Keep in mind that we have 600 concurrent users on the site on an average day, 31.000 players in our DB; if updates wouldn't work for anyone, that would not be acceptable. So next time, just assume it's you.

However, it seems that you can see this yourself now; apologies accepted ;-)

#33 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

My teammate has the same problem, all site functions work correctly except for ajax stuff

"Websocket closed, reason: Connection was closed abnormally (that is, with no close frame being sent)." jquery.atmosphere-ver-29EB4DE0B679C4726DDEDB23DF811E82.js:1977
"Websocket closed, wasClean: false" jquery.atmosphere-ver-29EB4DE0B679C4726DDEDB23DF811E82.js:1977
"Websocket closed, reason: Connection was closed abnormally (that is, with no close frame being sent)." jquery.atmosphere-ver-29EB4DE0B679C4726DDEDB23DF811E82.js:1977
"Websocket closed, wasClean: false" jquery.atmosphere-ver-29EB4DE0B679C4726DDEDB23DF811E82.js:1977
"Websocket reconnect maximum try reached 6" jquery.atmosphere-ver-29EB4DE0B679C4726DDEDB23DF811E82.js:1977
"Websocket error, reason: "

#34 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

My teammate has the same problem, all site functions work correctly except for ajax stuff

"Websocket reconnect maximum try reached 6" jquery.atmosphere-ver-29EB4DE0B679C4726DDEDB23DF811E82.js:1977
"Websocket error, reason: "

you mean Websocket stuff ;-)

Anyway; i cant fix his infrastructure. He should try a stock installation of any OS, making sure he's not behind any proxy or anything...

#35 talse

talse

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

Gentlemen,

I have prepared a test using SSL, using a self generated certificate, therefore you need to manually accept it.

The easiest way to test is just to type a chat msg and see it appearing in the panel. I have also set up a Lobby, so selecting slots should have the same result as chatting (both using websockets).

Cheerz

MN

Yes, that seems to work fine! :D

#36 Commander

Commander

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

Gentlemen,

Cheerz

MN

Yeah it works :D

#37 Obnoxious

Obnoxious

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

it works for me now, gj

#38 SGH

SGH

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

Also works for me, can't wait til it goes "official".

#39 Crack

Crack

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:19 AM

I got this bug as well on Google Chrome. I run on the ISP (TPG). I on https://beta.tf2center.com/lobbies I enabled "Auto detect Proxy settings" and it worked fine. On rc.tf2center.com it is still having that bug. 

#40 Jetz_

Jetz_

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

I have the same difficulties, many a lobby have been lost due to this :sad: 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: In Progress