Please read this before making a post.
We've been getting reports of people not being able to log in to TF2Center properly. If you are having login issues then please post your steam ID, profile link or steam profile number in this thread.
Possible reasons for not being able to log in include:
- You are banned from any of the following:
- TF2C itself (Check the ban section)
- TF2 VAC (Can be checked on your profile page or on steamrep)
- ETF2L (Check here)
- A large community (e.g. Lotus, UKCS etc) - this is not always the case. Admins are allowed to ban people who have been banned for bad behaviour on other servers as long as there is sufficient evidence.
- You have less than 500 hours played on TF2
- You do not have Steam level minimum level 3
- Your profile is private and it's your first time logging in (you may set your profile back to private once you have logged in)
- You have an adblocker enabled. Sometimes adblockers/firewalls/internet security programs interfere with the site's functions.
- Obscenities in your steam name / advertising in steam name
- You will need to make your profile STEAM public and your game details public. Clear your cache and cookies for TF2Center then try logging in
Note: we are working on a system which tells you if you are banned and why. This will hopefully be implemented soon.
Known bugs with the login system:
- Sometimes the hours of a profile that was previously private did download to the database correctly and so the hours played is shown as 0, thus not allowing users to log in. .
- You may attempt to login and you will be redirected to a blank page after steam login. This can be caused by outdated session cookies which generally occurs after an update to TF2Center has been deployed. Delete your cookies and try again. Current workaround: Ensure you have set a personalized URL for your steam profile. Thanks to Oye Beto for discovering this fix.
If you think you are experiencing a bug then post here and we will manually verify your account and add it to the database.
Thank you for your patience and apologies for the disruption,
The TF2C Team.
-- Made a new thread since old thread was very long. --
Edited by Warpy, 19 November 2020 - 11:35 PM.