145 replies to this topic

#101 Jackiboy

Jackiboy

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:37 AM

READ THIS

There is a lot of discussion about mumble bans and mumbility.  Some constructive, mostly not.

Several fixes have gone in.

This was an aggressive change and was made at the request of the user community.

This will be the AGGRESSIVELY moderated thread to discuss only the remaining issues and will include only the people having the issue NOW.  Hopefully we can solve the remaining issues with good information and less background noise.

how do i verfiy

#102 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

Click on any slot that Mumble-required Lobby, as the underlined "click here" suggests...

#103 Fuze

Fuze

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:10 PM

When I click the verify me button it keeps saying verification was unsuccessful although I am inside the tf2c mumble, anyone knows why it doesn't detect me? Could it be because the ip at mumble and the ip I got in my browser are different? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance. 

#104 A guy named Ryan

A guy named Ryan

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:34 PM

The last lobby I played on, I join Mumble first thing when I got into the lobby. When it asked me to join Mumble, I join again, but for some reason, I'm now Mumble banned. What's funny is that pretty much no one else on my team stayed on the Mumble server. This has happened twice, and I do not know what to do.

2015-06-28 23:26:55 2015-06-28 23:56:55 Join Mumble-Required Lobby TF2C Auto Monitor Cooldown level 0: Lobby #453501  

Yep

#105 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:04 PM

provide your IP and I will check for bans.

#106 Raulviborj

Raulviborj

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:42 PM

Hey, I am quite new to the Team fortress 2 competitive system, and to mumble also, I downloaded mumbler, and when I try to join a server it says that mumble verification is required, I try to do so, I click both join mumble and verify me buttons, but when I try to verify it shows up an error ''Verification was unsuccesfull, Try again or check our forums''. I really don't know what is going on, and if my ip is necessary, here it is 190.124.19.94

#107 Knightfall

Knightfall

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:56 AM

I sometimes join Mumble Required and i just talk fine and i get a ban.. what the hell... 

#108 yaynos

yaynos

• Users
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:30 AM

[09:28:02] Welcome to Mumble.

[09:28:02] Opening URL mumble://fat agressive [email protected]/#468202?version=1.2.0

[09:28:02] Connecting to server mumble.tf2center.com.

[09:28:02] Connected.

[09:28:02] Server connection failed: The TLS/SSL connection has been closed.

ip: 5.68.238.159

apparently im not banned: http://forums.tf2cen...eam-0052306408/

help ;-;

#109 OH BABY A TRIPLE

OH BABY A TRIPLE

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:49 AM

[HELP PLEASE HELP HELP!!!{ OK SO IVE TRIED EMAILING CONTACT BUT IT ASKS TO SELECT A DEPARTMENT TO SEND THIS TO AND I CLICK SELECT AND THE ONLY CHOICES TO SELECT IS THE WORD SELECT ITSELF. THERE ARE NO OPTIONS OF WHAT DEPARTMENT TO SEND THIS TO] PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

ALSO IT WONT LET ME POST A TOPIC

THIS IS MY MESSAGE:

HI, I've tried to make a topic forum so that I could request an unban. I recently joined a tf2center lobby on Lakeside. At 2015-07-21 00:12:33. Before playing, I clicked the join mumble button, and went to the team I was on. There were four other people in the mumble chat. I talked, but didn't hear from anyone else. I played the whole game and then It ended. I went to join a spot on another game my friend reserved for me, only to find that I was banned and could not join it. I have 100% reliability and I find this absurd that I followed all the rules, talked, played the whole game, and got banned. I do not want for the rest of my time playing tf2center, it saying I was banned. Is there anything I can do to remove this?? Also I don't know why I was banned in the first place. Thanks

#110 Antikitorch

Antikitorch

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:45 AM

Heya, 

Recently joined a lobby with mumble required. Pregame was a lot of talk that I didnt want to listen to so I deafened myself until the match began however there was an error and the match ended super prematurely. (Basically I came back into lobby started but lobby had already finished even though the countdown had just gone off, was weird) Lobby pretty much died since the lobby said it was finished (Even though no one had even played a round). This was on KOTH viaduct. Is there any way to undo this ban or do I have to wait it out or what?

#111 Polina

Polina

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

I tried to verify my mumble access, but when I verify it it says "Verification was unsuccessful. Try again or check our forums." Then I looked up my IP in mumble and my IP in browser and they were different and I don't know why. :c

Browser IP: 107.207.152.193

Mumble IP: 107.140.62.240

#112 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:35 AM

I tried to verify my mumble access, but when I verify it it says "Verification was unsuccessful. Try again or check our forums." Then I looked up my IP in mumble and my IP in browser and they were different and I don't know why. :c

It may have something to do with plugins in your browser. Try the incognito-mode, which disables plugins, and try again ;-)

#113 Polina

Polina

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

It may have something to do with plugins in your browser. Try the incognito-mode, which disables plugins, and try again ;-)

Now I have same IP, but still I get "Verification was unsuccessful. Try again or check our forums."

#114 Apollo

Apollo

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:54 PM

I recently started doing matches on TF2Center and I downloaded mumble to play in mumble required games. I verified my mumble and it seems to be working properly, as i can talk and i can hear other people talking. the overlay in tf2 works as well. but i have played 3 mumble req. games so far and each one i connected to the mumble server for tf2center and talked to people on my team during the match. the only problem is i got mumble bans on all three matches even though I used mumble each time. This is really frusterating me as I do not know what is wrong and was hoping someone could help.

I recently started doing matches on TF2Center and I downloaded mumble to play in mumble required games. I verified my mumble and it seems to be working properly, as i can talk and i can hear other people talking. the overlay in tf2 works as well. but i have played 3 mumble req. games so far and each one i connected to the mumble server for tf2center and talked to people on my team during the match. the only problem is i got mumble bans on all three matches even though I used mumble each time. This is really frusterating me as I do not know what is wrong and was hoping someone could help.

P.S. i will post my ip if someone responds but i dont really want to give out info if im not gonna get helped

#115 9b.Vivian

9b.Vivian

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:38 AM

so apparently changing your steam name while in a game counts "you" as leaving even though im clearly still there, just under a different name

and then i get mumble banned for that

gg

IP adress if it matters: 70.127.51.69

and last two games logs, wasnt mumble banned before these games so it must have happened on either warmfront or granary

http://logs.tf/1017281

http://logs.tf/1017261

Edited by 9b.Vivian, 10 September 2015 - 12:40 AM.

#116 Kingdingaling

Kingdingaling

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:00 PM

Whenever I try to join a mumble required lobby, it says "verification required" 

My External IP address is 184.45.57.223

#117 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:38 PM

• 14:34:19 Shwupasi joined as a sub on a mumble required lobby and i joined mumble but now i have a mumble lobby ban ;~;
  • 14:35:08 Shwupashow long does the ban last?
  • 14:35:29  TF2C | CookieAre you on a vpn or proxy? After getting the reserved slot how long did you wait to join the mumble slot? Were you muted.deaened?
  • 14:35:33  TF2C | CookieITs 30 minutes
  • 14:36:54 ShwupasNo vpn or proxy, I joined it striaght away but the actual lobby finished before I could get into the game. I wasn't muted/deafned

#118 fac

fac

• Moderators
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:28 PM

I've been banned from mumble required lobbies, even though I was in mumble and talking for every game I played yesterday. I have multiple mumble bans on my tf2 center profile, because I was without a headset for a long stretch of time. Although even when I didnt have a headset occasionally it would still ban me from mumble lobbies even though I was in mumble. I have no VPN's running or any other reason that I went over with a center admin. Wondering if it was a bug in the system or if there's an issue with my computer. Also would like to be unbanned if possible. 

#119 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:45 PM

I've been banned from mumble required lobbies, even though I was in mumble and talking for every game I played yesterday. I have multiple mumble bans on my tf2 center profile, because I was without a headset for a long stretch of time. Although even when I didnt have a headset occasionally it would still ban me from mumble lobbies even though I was in mumble. I have no VPN's running or any other reason that I went over with a center admin. Wondering if it was a bug in the system or if there's an issue with my computer. Also would like to be unbanned if possible. 

This users mumble ip matched with his browser ip.  Hes not running a vpp/proxy.

#120 seion

seion

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:26 PM

Lobby #540140

Lobby #540060

was in mumble the entire time got mumbilty point

theres a option in mumble settings:"Force TCP Mode" could this cause the problem (it was enabled when i got the point)

profile:https://tf2center.co...561198100064597

ip:5.190.154.172

Edited by seion, 13 October 2015 - 06:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: In Progress, Pending Dev response