• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#81 stabby

stabby

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:31 PM

Well, nothing I can do at this point. I suggest you get a VPN to route all traffic, including FireFox and Mumble...

I think I've come up with a solution though--if I use the same proxy for Firefox and Mumble, that should work, shouldn't it?

Would it be possible for my Mumble ban to be lifted? I'd rather not wait a week :(

#82 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

Well, nothing I can do at this point. I suggest you get a VPN to route all traffic, including FireFox and Mumble...

I think I've come up with a solution though--if I use the same proxy for Firefox and Mumble, that should work, shouldn't it?

Would it be possible for my Mumble ban to be lifted? I'd rather not wait a week :(

TF2C profile url?

#83 stabby

stabby

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

TF2C profile url?

http://tf2center.com...561197975080641

Thanks!

#84 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:58 PM

Done!

#85 cats

cats

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

Having trouble verifying mumble.

It worked once in IE then stopped after the game was cancelled and we all left. Tried 4-5 times after and no luck.

TFC URL is http://tf2center.com...561198042152499

Edited by cats, 20 February 2015 - 01:28 PM.

#86 stabby

stabby

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:38 AM

Done!

Much appreciated!

#87 Smitleyjd

Smitleyjd

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:43 PM

Just got mumble banned yet I was in mumble the whole time... lobby #348775. Now I can't join mumble required lobbies :(

#88 jmomo

jmomo

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

Today I was mumblebanned for a short time.  I was originally writing this post to request more info, but since the ban has already been lifted, no action needs to be taken. This is just feedback.

I am not sure if I was banned automatically or if someone reported me. I have only been playing on TFC for the last two weeks seriously, so I'm a relative noob.

In summary, I was mumblebanned after deafening and muting myself half way through a single game, for a period of less than five minutes.

Lobby # 708814

http://logs.tf/708814

I did this because of toxic verbal abuse. This lobby was particuarly bad in that there was a lot of negative toxicity, homophobic slurs, petty swearing, and yelling, directed at both myself and other players.

I don't feel I should be punished for not tolerating abuse from other players.

Also, given my reliable history of using mumble, a single issue should not have been enough to cause a mumble ban.  If this was caused by automation, that automation should take into consideration a user's history.

I did not local mute the induviduals involved because it was almost my entire team, and being medic, I didn't have time to do that while the team needed me. I didn't feel that qutting was the right thing to do at the time, because that ruins the game for both teams and players who may have not been partipating in the abuse.

One other player rage quit due to the abuse. I'm now sorry that I didn't do that too, as the penality for doing so would not have been a mumbleban.

As a result of the mumble ban, I took a break for awhile. When I came back, I played in a non mumble-required lobby and then the ban was apparently lifted.

I should have never been banned in the first place.

#89 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:35 PM

I should have never been banned in the first place.

You should be non-deafened for the duration of the game. Also, blaming team mates for trash talking is no excuse.

#90 Alabit

Alabit

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:12 AM

I submitted a bug report, but now I think this is the proper place to post. I got mumble banned even though I used mumble, both talking and listening. Lobby #369528 This also happened a week ago.

my tf2c profile: http://tf2center.com...561198065578560

Edited by Alabit, 28 March 2015 - 03:13 AM.

#91 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:07 PM

I submitted a bug report, but now I think this is the proper place to post. I got mumble banned even though I used mumble, both talking and listening. Lobby #369528 This also happened a week ago.

my tf2c profile: http://tf2center.com...561198065578560

Don't use special browser plugins that will proxy your IP; that way we can't match you. Try running incognito/in-private mode.

#92 Lewdicrous Speed

Lewdicrous Speed

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:19 AM

I got my first Mumble ban earlier today, it's since passed, but I'm unsure as to why I got banned.

It was in this lobby: http://tf2center.com/lobbies/379379

I got into mumble a bit late since my team decided they were ready before I got into the server for some reason, so I had to wait until I died to join the correct channel, which may have caused it. But I spent the majority of the match in the channel.

#93 darkid

darkid

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

Incorrect auto-report for mumble disconnection:

link

One player in this lobby (footpenis) was connecting via phone, this may have confused the system?

Attached Files

Edited by darkid, 14 April 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#94 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

Incorrect auto-report for mumble disconnection:

link

One player in this lobby (footpenis) was connecting via phone, this may have confused the system?

Browser/game and Mumble should be originating from the same IP, or you won't get a match.

#95 DARKANDY

DARKANDY

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:44 AM

Something seems to be the matter with Mumbility again, because this has not happened to me before at all.

I have now been Mumble-banned twice in the span of around 24 hours, despite being in Mumble for the duration of both games. I have Mumble set to Autoconnect when a lobby starts, and I am usually the first one in the channel, as I can hear many audio ticks of people joining.

I leave directly after the game ends though, right as the 2 channels are combined after the game.

In the first game, nearly everyone was mumble banned after the game, as the server crashed when the 2nd half was starting, and hung there without combining the channels.

Am I supposed to stay in mumble after the game until some time or something? What's going on?

EDIT: I also have never muted/unmuted myself or muted anyone in mumble, ever. I don't know how that works, and have never tinkered with it.

Edited by DARKANDY, 28 April 2015 - 01:50 AM.

#96 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:19 AM

Something seems to be the matter with Mumbility again, because this has not happened to me before at all.

I have now been Mumble-banned twice in the span of around 24 hours, despite being in Mumble for the duration of both games. I have Mumble set to Autoconnect when a lobby starts, and I am usually the first one in the channel, as I can hear many audio ticks of people joining.

I leave directly after the game ends though, right as the 2 channels are combined after the game.

In the first game, nearly everyone was mumble banned after the game, as the server crashed when the 2nd half was starting, and hung there without combining the channels.

Am I supposed to stay in mumble after the game until some time or something? What's going on?

EDIT: I also have never muted/unmuted myself or muted anyone in mumble, ever. I don't know how that works, and have never tinkered with it.

There are no facts provided which would help us to track any sort of problem, should there be one. No profile, no Lobby#no. What do you expect me to do now?

#97 DARKANDY

DARKANDY

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

There are no facts provided which would help us to track any sort of problem, should there be one. No profile, no Lobby#no. What do you expect me to do now?

I don't expect you to do anything specifically, because this is a sort of global problem across the center.

After my 2 bans, other people have brought up being banned from mumble, in significant numbers, and the public fix for this became that nearly every lobby created had "no mumble required", because people couldn't make or join them.

Up until last night, mumble required, and no mumble lobbies were half and half, then suddenly every lobby was no mumble except for the odd one, which filled really slowly.

It's cool, if it keeps acting up we'll just have less and less mumble required lobbies, and play in mumble in the ones that don't need it.

Edited by DARKANDY, 28 April 2015 - 01:23 PM.

#98 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:39 PM

System works fine m8. It's the players that have problems with their local configs, such as Netflix plugins, causing them to have different IPs.

Not much we can do...

#99 Endreo

Endreo

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRørvik, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:20 PM

What about making a rule that only allows English in mumble? I joined as a sub for lobby http://tf2center.com/lobbies/400198and when I came to the mumble, there was at least 6 people speaking German and refusing to talk English, and I'm not just going to sit here and listen to a language I don't understand for 30 minutes, so I muted and deafened myself in mumble. After the match I found out I have been given a mumbility point and I was unable to join any mumble-required lobbies for a while. So I think enforcing a rule on "Only English allowed" in mumble would be a good rule.

I was also suggested by multiple people to cheat the system and just lowering the volume of mumble manually in order to avoid getting a mumbility point.

Edited by Endreo, 03 May 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#100 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:00 PM

The expectation is that people speak English.  I feel your pain, this has happened to me.  I just left mumble running though. Maybe my chatter tolerance is higher than yours.

Trouble is, rules lead to enforcement.  We can't easily enforce this type of rule systematically, and there are wwwaaayyy too many lobbies for mods to act like referees and call fouls. 

Even though this is frustrating, I don't really see a good way out.  Do you?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: In Progress, Pending Dev response