#1 Saga

Saga

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

Threads related:

http://forums.tf2cen...ound-the-world/ (Initial ban request)

http://forums.tf2cen...eam-0040546578/ (His unban request)

http://forums.tf2cen...eam-0040546578/ (My reban request)

http://forums.tf2cen...eam-0040546578/ (Taddy's reban request)

Mattgician told me that the main reason my reban request was rejected was that it didn´t follow the appropriate format. So here we go again. I´d really appreciate if you don´t go "hurr durr it was the decision of an admin" or "just because you don´t like the outcome he won´t be banned again" like the the guy that saw my reban request and just commented without knowing anything about the situation

I´ll try to keep it short.

If you take a look at the initial banrequest you´ll see that the offender received a 1 week lobby creation ban. This ban was then upgraded to a permanent ban as it was his 2nd offence. (I didn´t even know about that until just recently)

Then if you take a look at his unban request you´ll see his reason for why he deserves to be unbanned. And it´s....him saying sorry. A simple apology. I don´t even know at who or what it was directed at, certainly not me. Still this is what follows

Note to mod team:

Today I had a 30 minute chat with this player.  We went way beyond warning, and I believe that he is ready to be helped back into tf2c.  I do feel like he can be a contributor.

I have reached out to computer, as this was his work on the ban.

I am pretty much willing to vouch and keep-an-eye and insta-perma-banhammer if I see anything but star A+ student out of him. I will await the dicussion with computer.

After this I even said that he is not sorry at all. In fact I saw the offender later in a friend´s lobby. After I was given leader and banned him we had a chat on the main page where he basically insulted every person with an anime avatar or chinese signs in their name. Looks like he was really sorry about the incident, huh?
Whatever, as you can see he did get unbanned.

Because of the little chat on the main page and because of the lack of arguments for an unban I decided to make a reban request. I didn´t care that it didn´t have the appopriate format. After all you already had all the information needed. I added the information about the chat on the main page but all I got was responses of people that have no idea about the situation or mods that did not seem to care enough. IF the wrong format was the main reason for it to be rejected...fine. I´m dying to see a different result this time.

I have no idea what kinda reputation Taddy has on this site or what the relationship to certain mods is but I assume it´s not too great. Anyway he shared my opinion and encouraged me to post a reban request and he also made one on his own after mine was rejected so quickly. His thread had the same fate comming despite him 

The following is not directly related to this ban request:
The whole situation after the ban had horrible moderation. Cow states he had a long chat with the offender after which he came to the conclusion he could vouch for him. 0 factual arguments. I still feel like it´s the main reason it got through tho.
My post where I state that he even insulted me was completely ignored by every mod that appeared in that thread.
When I added Cow to dicuss the ban this is what happened KD0IpU3.png

0 patience or will to give any arguments. 0/10 mod.
In Taddy's thread mod Luop90 seems to not care at all. Even if Taddy has a bad reputation does that mean you don´t even need to care to look what he has to say and just give 0 value to his arguments?
Mattgician on the other hand was very helpful and took the time to read everything and AFAIK even made an approach on the mod forums. 10/10 mod

Back to the offender

tl;dr

Pros for ban:
- rcon abuse
- insults
- 2nd offense

Cons:
- his apology?
- Cow vouches for him (...)

I obvously do care, I spent quite some time playing lobbies so I´d like both featured on this site - proper punishment for misbehaviour and somewhat decent mods. Thanks for reading~

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

Mods, there's a discussion in our forums on this.

Also, that quote is from NinjaMooCow, not me.

#3 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

Yep, my words.

There are good ways to discuss bans.  Because I am a mod (volunteer) does not mean add me and expect me to instantly go over proof/arguments.

I stand by my words that every ban, unban, etc. results in at least one angry person.  Usually that person isn't me.   These things need to be considered in ban/unban threads.  You may not realize this, but you were about the third person to add me and start arguing during my two scrims.

You may not be aware, but there is a practice of locking threads after an action (ban, unban, etc.) is decided in order to not turn this into a long-winded discussion thread.  You are not invited to re-submit bans.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected