Taddy

Under Probation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:57 AM

STEAM_0:0:40546578

Lobby Number: http://rc.tf2center.com/lobbies/182492

I'm going to open this thread because it's 100% ass that this guy got his ban reversed simply by saying "I'm sorry" He isn't sorry in fact if you looked at his chat history he INSULTED the guy AFTER his ban further calling him a weaboo anime kiddie. 

I'm sorry but, if someone ABUSES rcon and BANS someone off their server during a lobby basically WASTING the persons time who got kicked waiting to play and 16 other players time  waiting for a sub he should be punished for it. The ban was a CREATION ban it wasn't even that bad. He could still play in lobbies and give his server info out to his friends if they really wanted to make a lobby that bad. It doesn't even matter he shouldn't go unpunished.

Hey lets just unban mario and anyone else who used rcon to kick/ban someone if they make an apology thread. I'll get right to messaging them and letting them know.

http://forums.tf2cen...61198042931624/ Might as well unban him too

SECOND OFFENSE AND 100% UNBANNED??? Bunch of clowns.

http://forums.tf2cen...eam-0040546578/

I wonder why the mods/admins don't add everyone being banned pretend to have a talk with them and unban them. Why extend special treatment? 

• The Once and Future King and Saga like this

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

I literally have no response to this.... xD

Average? kKalt? You want this one?

• loop likes this
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 Taddy

Taddy

Under Probation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:04 AM

Question was the user completely unbanned after his second offense?

Also if you have no response please don't post in my thread saying you have no response. 

Edited by Taddy, 11 August 2014 - 03:05 AM.

#4 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

Question was the user completely unbanned after his second offense?

Also if you have no response please don't post in my thread saying you have no response. 

Let me restate- I didn't place the ban, unban him, nor make any of the decisions. An admin made a decision, and their word is final. I cannot, and will not overturn that decision. I'm done dealing with you today, so I'll happily let one of the admins take care of it.

• Tury likes this
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#5 Tury

Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:19 AM

http://forums.tf2cen...eam-0040546578/

Seems like nobody likes Around The World :(

Anyways someone already tried to get him banned again after he got unbanned. 

Also even though he is unbanned he isn't just walking around free with nothing to worry about, if you remember, 

"Note to mod team:

Today I had a 30 minute chat with this player.  We went way beyond warning, and I believe that he is ready to be helped back into tf2c.  I do feel like he can be a contributor.

I have reached out to computer, as this was his work on the ban.

I am pretty much willing to vouch and keep-an-eye and insta-perma-banhammer if I see anything but star A+ student out of him. I will await the dicussion with computer."

So MooCow will be keeping an eye on him, and if he does mess up again he will be perma banned. So to be honest if you really think he isn't sorry and won't change, why would you want him banned? If he isn't sorry and won't change then he will break the rules again and end up getting perma banned, him being unbanned would be a good thing then, he would be able to mess up faster instead of being forced to take a break from the sight meaning he gets perma banned sooner if what you claim about him is true.

6.3 Escalations

If you are unhappy with a ban placed by a member of the general admin team, you may escalate to one of the Community Admins or Developers. Their word, however, is final.

Edited by Tury, 11 August 2014 - 03:27 AM.

#6 Taddy

Taddy

Under Probation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:35 AM

I just don't appreciate someone on their second offense getting out of a ban and then on top of that getting out of a 7 day creation ban. You don't do it twice and get off 100% free. I move to have this guy at least creation banned for like 2 weeks. ESPECIALLY because of his chat with the reporter after the fact.

If someone is going to simply write DECLINED and lock the thread with their word being the last one so no one can argue it (seems to be popular) please explain how come this specific player got special treatment and three chances?

"Today I had a 30 minute chat with this player.  We went way beyond warning, and I believe that he is ready to be helped back into tf2c.  I do feel like he can be a contributor."

I sure hope you went beyond a warning considering it was the second offense...

"I am pretty much willing to vouch and keep-an-eye and insta-perma-banhammer if I see anything but star A+ student out of him. I will await the dicussion with computer."

There should still be a temporary ban for a second offense to encourage him to not do it again. Stop using innocent lobby players as tests subject to see if he will do it again.

You're missing the point Tury he was offered a third chance and extended treatment by getting a personal talk from mods/admins. Everyone should get the same then.

Tury you have to be sick of this come on man you tried to get someone banned twice for insulting you and talking shit to you in mumble. His ban was dropped because a mod knew him well.... he even said that exactly.

Edited by Taddy, 11 August 2014 - 03:33 AM.

#7 Tury

Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

I just don't appreciate someone on their second offense getting out of a ban and then on top of that getting out of a 7 day creation ban. You don't do it twice and get off 100% free. I move to have this guy at least creation banned for like 2 weeks. ESPECIALLY because of his chat with the reporter after the fact.

If someone is going to simply write DECLINED and lock the thread with their word being the last one so no one can argue it (seems to be popular) please explain how come this specific player got special treatment and three chances?

"Today I had a 30 minute chat with this player.  We went way beyond warning, and I believe that he is ready to be helped back into tf2c.  I do feel like he can be a contributor."

I sure hope you went beyond a warning considering it was the second offense...

"I am pretty much willing to vouch and keep-an-eye and insta-perma-banhammer if I see anything but star A+ student out of him. I will await the dicussion with computer."

There should still be a temporary ban for a second offense to encourage him to not do it again. Stop using innocent lobby players as tests subject to see if he will do it again.

You're missing the point Tury he was offered a third chance and extended treatment by getting a personal talk from mods/admins. Everyone should get the same then.

Tury you have to be sick of this come on man you tried to get someone banned twice for insulting you and talking shit to you in mumble. His ban was dropped because a mod knew him well.... he even said that exactly.

The last part you said is true, but if I tried to fight it the same thing would apply in this situation, admin decisions are final. I understand that World might have been banned twice, but since he made an unban request and it was approved by an admin, not much you can really do about it. Block, ignore, or even leaving the lobby if you have to works to avoid them. If World abuses RCON and other things he has been accused of he will get perma banned. 

I think you do have a point though when you say he was given "special" attention by mods and admins. But just keep in mind thought that mods usually add people to talk to them. I added a mod to talk to them about the two ban requests I had. The ban requests didn't get accepted just because I spoke to a mod though. 

#8 jayserp

jayserp

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

This isn't the place to discuss policy.

jayserp | steam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected