6 replies to this topic

#1 Hummus

Hummus

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:07 PM

the idea is basically the same as the lobbies work now, but instead of the usual tf2 game that it creates, it actually creates a MM game. So basically instead of queing up for MM in tf2, you join a tf2c lobby, then when the lobby launches, it launches into an MM game, where you can still rank up your tf2 ranks & your tf2c ranks! woo! woo?  :)

#2 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 05 March 2016 - 04:08 AM

I guess, you mean Mann vs Machines game mode? If so, this is impossible due of huge server requirements for MvM. Link to a previous discussion.

#3 Hummus

Hummus

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:27 AM

mm = match making. sorry thought that was obvious.

• Pazer likes this

#4 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:42 AM

Sounds like a good idea, but it currently is not possible to do so because TF2C is not associated to MM. MM currently only uses Valve servers. I don't think this will happen since they want MM to be fair, it wouldn't use community servers. It is even the current case with MVM, you can't boot camp with community servers. Sorry to let you down, but high chance this isn't happening unless Valve/TF2 Team creates their own TF2 MM website.

Edited by Nerdz, 05 March 2016 - 06:42 AM.

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

#5 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:47 AM

Then it has no sense at all.

• Hummus likes this

#6 Hummus

Hummus

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:03 AM

Then it has no sense at all.

oh my god, this actually didnt even occur to me hahahha. apologies. i think i had a brain fart when suggesting this. Lololol sorry

#7 Hummus

Hummus

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:30 PM

Sounds like a good idea, but it currently is not possible to do so because TF2C is not associated to MM. MM currently only uses Valve servers. I don't think this will happen since they want MM to be fair, it wouldn't use community servers. It is even the current case with MVM, you can't boot camp with community servers. Sorry to let you down, but high chance this isn't happening unless Valve/TF2 Team creates their own TF2 MM website.

yea i was talking about match making, but as the other dude pointed out, that defeats the whole purpose of MM. LOL, didnt even occur to me!  (dumb face) im a HUGE fan of tf2c and keep trying to think of how to put the 2 together, but i dont think its going to happen. i think tf2c will be more of a proper competitive site, and MM will be basically be more of a "competitive style pub experience" 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined