• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SilverSilver

SilverSilver

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:46 AM

We'll i for one am sick of bad MVM players with match making and would like for this site to be able to find mvm teams
i was derping around in the settings and found this: 78bGW.pngdoes that mean MVM might become an option in the near future?

#2 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

I don't think it's possible, unless valve lets you join a mvm team ingame via a specific link that tf2center can link you to, which it might

#3 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:16 AM

There is nothing stopping TF2Center from supporting standard Mann vs Machine as the regular mode just requires a 32 slot server and picking the map. TF2Center will not be able to support the official Mann Up Mode which allows you to find loot and BotKiller weapons as that requires using Valve's ingame matchmaking protocols.

#4 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

There is nothing stopping TF2Center from supporting standard Mann vs Machine as the regular mode just requires a 32 slot server and picking the map. TF2Center will not be able to support the official Mann Up Mode which allows you to find loot and BotKiller weapons as that requires using Valve's ingame matchmaking protocols.

Some_Thing, the issue here is whether not TF2Center is able to link them directly into a party like they already do for joining servers.

#5 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

We're (in theory) able to do a generic 6 person lobby, but we can't link into TF2's browser / matchmaking mode in any way. Essentially it would just be a meeting point, which seems a little pointless (isn't that what matchmaking is for?) 

As with everything if there's a strong enough push from people looking for a way to meet MvM players then we can look at it. It was on the very initial plans iirc, but removed because it wasn't deemed needed.

#6 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:56 AM

Void: As Foxy and I said, TF2Center can't hook in with Valve's matchmaking protocols within TF2, which includes parties. We'd only be able to start up a MvM game on a regular server just how current 6's or Highlander games are played on

#7 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

Void: As Foxy and I said, TF2Center can't hook in with Valve's matchmaking protocols within TF2, which includes parties. We'd only be able to start up a MvM game on a regular server just how current 6's or Highlander games are played on

You are misunderstanding me. I know it is likely not possible. I meant what I said as in that the issue was that they could not link to the parties. As said in my post further up in the thread:

I don't think it's possible, unless valve lets you join a mvm team ingame via a specific link that tf2center can link you to, which it might

Edited by VoidWhisperer, 25 February 2014 - 09:34 PM.

• Pazer likes this

#8 SilverSilver

SilverSilver

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

Well i was just thinking of something simple like so: A group of 6 join a TF2 center MvM lobby, everybody agrees to add each other and they form a party and start a match. Tf2center could just serve as a meeting place since IMO (And many other people have said this......) Matchmaking sucks 90% of the time

Edited by SilverSilver, 26 February 2014 - 09:35 PM.

#9 Hammock

Hammock

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBed

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

Ever want to do Mann up but are afraid of getting paired with non-communicative randoms?

Allow users to make 6-mann lobbies that will allow for fast and easy access to a team that wants a shiny gold weapon.

This also helps solve the issue of who plays what, since it's all decided before the game.

The lobby could work by placing the players into a chatroom, locked away from other users, that would give integration to add eachother by steam. Then they can reconvene in the Mann Up lobby.

EDIT: merged topic with this one to avoid duplicates.

Edited by TheMattgician, 23 May 2014 - 11:30 PM.

#10 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:33 AM

Although the idea itself is very interesting, we don't have a resources to develop it now. Declined, but we can return to this in a distant future.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined