3 replies to this topic

#1 slayer

slayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:33 AM

TF2C has a very generalized rules page which lacks a lot of specific details.  http://tf2center.com/rules

I think it would be helpful for players to know exactly what they are NOT allowed to do.

I would be happy to write up a few rules that I know of that are not listed on the rules page but are already being enforced by mods/admins.  A few examples topics which could be elaborated on:

1) Rep abuse

2) Class/config exploits (e.g. having 3 engies in 6's)

3) Cheating (obviously its not allowed, but a strict statement would be nice and might scare off some cheaters)

4) Racism and excessive hate speech (e.g. go kill yourself)

5) Server admin / rcon abuse (e.g. kicking and banning people, slapping or blinding them, low gravity etc, closing lobby early before match is over etc.)

6) Off classing (e.g. medics can not go spy in 6's). 

Edited by TheMattgician, 27 September 2015 - 07:43 PM.
Merged Threads

• sage78, MatVone and Lescalm like this

#2 Exze

Exze

Former Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:58 PM

I feel the current Rules part of the website is a bit vague, and doesn't give information about what can get players banned. In fact, all the rules currently tell the user are: that it's 'not nice' to ruin the experience of the game; lobby rules have to be followed (This one is good); excessive abuse, or discrimination is strictly prohibited (Also good); People might get up set if you kick/ban them from the lobby, if they've been waiting for a bit of time.

A better way of structuring the rules - which might also help the ban mods - is to have it in a case of 'long term' bans (things such as consistent abuse towards a given player, extreme or consistent discrimination, or a given stack of warnings), 'short term' bans (things such as abusing a TF2C bug, or ruining the game experience), create bans (Misuse of the create feature in TF2C. Maybe creating lobbies with stupid requirements, or consistently kicking/banning players), mute bans (Abusive behaviour in TF2C chat), and warnings (minor offenses such as kicking/banning a player or two in a lobby).

Improving the rules page would also give players a point of reference when telling people what is not acceptable in TF2C. It may help discourage people from committing offenses, because all one can currently quote from the rules is something such as "Please be mindful that players invest time when waiting to participate in a game, and do not take it kindly when this time is wasted", which is basically saying "You just kicked someone. Don't be surprised if they get a little angry"; which is hardly a rule.

I can't imagine this would be a major update (Just requires changing the text), but would help improve people's understanding of the processes that ban mods go through when deciding what is a reasonable ban, and would help people know what to write when reporting a player in TF2C.

Edited by TheMattgician, 27 September 2015 - 07:45 PM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "A more useful Rules page"

• sage78 likes this

#3 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

The new rules are on the way.