1 reply to this topic

#1 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

Hello,

So my suggestion is to be able to add alternate accounts, BUT they would be stringed to each other meaning : If one gets banned other gets too. Also counts for report bans. For example : I am a player which has about 1 k hours of tf2 but gets banned from cod series for doing modded lobbies. I don't like vac banned accounts so I want to change account. I create or get account with no hours on tf2. So I log into my old account in tf2center and add alternate new account. And thats it I don't need to play 100 h more just because it is new account. (just thought up scenario). Now lets try thinking of a cheater trying to use this. He has an account of >100 h . Adds an alternate f2p acc for hacking. Tries to hack and after some time when alternate gets banned both with the main account. The only problem I see in all this potentialy could be ability to remove those accounts from alternate list. Suggestion is to make them unremovable or to save history of all alternate accounts.

Pros

• Would be really usefull for some people swapping accounts often
  • Would ban more hackers that are stupid and don't think about consoquences or do research
  • Adds flexibility to tf2center

Cons

• Probably hard to implement (I have no idea of coding so I may be wrong)
  • Majority probably won't use this
  • I am not sure how to handle report and report bans with alternate accounts

#2 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

You are able to use as many accounts on TF2C as you want until you are following our rules, this is ok. But we aren't going to give another chance for hackers with 0 hrs accounts. We already have faced this problem in recent past and successfully resolved it.

Declined.

Read this http://forums.tf2cen...-now-100-hours/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined