• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#21 Shadebayne

Shadebayne

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

I've played 2 game.... all the way through to the end match where people are just running around.... Team won the first,  gave me 100% reliability, lost the second, and now 50% reliability

I've played 2 game.... all the way through to the end match where people are just running around.... Team won the first,  gave me 100% reliability, lost the second, and now 50% reliability

I think I see the issue...... It says I've only played ONE lobby when I have actually played 2, which is causing my reliability to calculate at 50%

Edited by Shadebayne, 01 May 2014 - 08:34 PM.

#22 jane doe

jane doe

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

I have never played a completed match - I attempted one lobby a few days ago, but after we were in the server, before the game had even started too many people left and the lobby eventually failed. I stayed in the server until after the lobby had entirely closed, and yet my reliability is now listed as 0%. My friend who was there with me, and left at the same time I did, had no effect on his reliability.

#23 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

A fix for the behaviour jane doe describes will go out in our next planned deployment. Other fixes are on the way - reliability is next on my list of things to do.

#24 MaxyBlack

MaxyBlack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hello, the game server went down. Games don't save for anyone, but i lost reliability, can you fix this ?

#25 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

For the record, the following people made a thread about this.

Hello ive been using Tf2 Center and love the reliability %.

But i have found a problem i have 96% reliability and 0 Rage quits.

I dont think ive ever been rep or any thing so shouldn't I have 100% reliability

If this is the wrong place to post this could you point me in the right direction #

Thanks 

Ducky<3

2kef75.jpg

So today i went into 3 lobbies in a row that every time they changed the map the lobby closed and kicked us and i lost reliability ,don't you think we shouldn't lose it?

Hello, for some reason after a few games I have only 80% reliability even though I played EVERY game I joined. And now, I can't join some of the lobbies because of my ''bad'' rep. Help!

Some of these should be fixed with the latest update (the lobby closes before reporting players if it detects there are too few people on the server to continue, which prevents things like leaders using kickall, or servers crashing).

Please do tell us if there are still errors with this.

#26 HotA I SomeGuy

HotA I SomeGuy

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

Imo reliability system is shit. I love the people who coded tf2center and worked hard on it (also appreciate it a lot) but if you aren't doing major changes to reliability system its not gonna get any better than this. Not a single lobby I was in or someone I knew was in had nobody quit right at the start. This is coming to the point when tf2lobby will have bigger sucess rate in complete lobbies than this site. Now the reasons why this is happening :
1. Hosting lobbies and everyone joining up is relatively fast so a guy who quit previous lobby can just rejoin.
There is no way to eliminate this reason specificly apart from slowing it down, which is stupid or having decent reliability/report system.
2. The design of player "tab/card" whatever you want to call it

Spoiler
Is made to make players name center of attention and not percentage, lobby count and time spent. This makes percentage even more irrevelant to a lot of people and because of that it has even smaller impact on players who leave intentionally.

Now there is really simple fix for that. Make people who has good percentage for example 80 - 100 % have green colored percentage number. Below that yellow and those who have 60-0 % red. This should set off a lot of alarms about people right from the start and make everything easier. And make font bigger while not dimming out stats.

3. Reliability system has no penalties.

This pretty much makes alll things useless because of design failing to make percentage center of attention. You could might as well put a cop picture in a corner and it would be more effective than this system. Best suggestion if you can't make percentage matter is to apply cooldowns like in most comp games (cs go, LOL, Dota 2 etc.). For example 1st quit on purpose 1h, 2nd quit on purpose 2 h, 3rd quit on purpose 5 h and so on. For those who crash or timeout I would suggest half of penalty. That ofcourse requires complicated coding I would imagine and a lot of time spent perfecting it, but if you could pull off something like that this site would rise a lot in quality.

4. Reliability system is very unreliable ironicly.

I bet you already heard a lot of rant about it and I am not gonna say anything new on this anyway.

Ok thats all. For now every time you join a lobby you have 1/5 chances it will fail. I hope you fix this and make this site as near to perfection as possible.

#27 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

Imo reliability system is shit. I love the people who coded tf2center and worked hard on it (also appreciate it a lot) but if you aren't doing major changes to

heh-heh-heh.  Bevis and Butthead moment.

• HotA I SomeGuy likes this

#28 Shlop

Shlop

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

i had ragequit rate crash too

#29 Sarcrasstic

Sarcrasstic

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

I was playing a match, and I got disconnected due to some error. I did not disconnect from the game voluntarily but I have 1 rage quit on my profile. Is there any way to validate that I did not rage quit and that it was just a connection problem, and to change my profile accordingly?

Edited by TheMattgician, 16 June 2014 - 07:37 AM.
Moved

#30 adambolt1

adambolt1

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

i left a game once and made me 0%. while  i played 73 games

#31 West

West

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

I had around 80% of reliability and it went to 100%, then later on that 100% dropped down to a 0.

Just a few seconds ago it went up to 50% and then it went down to 33% (TF2 Round)

Now its back to a 0% (left the game)

The thing that i want to be answered the most is the 100% going down to a complete 0,

and then without even playing going back to 50%?

Edited by TheMattgician, 29 June 2014 - 05:10 PM.
Merged Threads

#32 West

West

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

i have the same problem too,

i had 100% clean and it went down to a complete 0, just a few seconds ago it now went to 50,

I played a tf2 game and later on before i joined it was 33%, i wanted to report it but when i left its now 0 again (because i left)

#33 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:15 PM

i have the same problem too,

i had 100% clean and it went down to a complete 0, just a few seconds ago it now went to 50,

I played a tf2 game and later on before i joined it was 33%, i wanted to report it but when i left its now 0 again (because i left)

We just recently changed the system of reliability to a new system where reliability is calculated from your last 10 played lobbies. However I don't know whether the system is factoring in lobbies played before the update properly.

However assuming that it isn't would explain why you went from 100% to 0% because you didn't have any "recent" lobbies by which to calculate a reliability. It sounds like a bug though and I'm sure the devs will look into ASAP.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#34 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

This is due to the new reliability calculations - http://rc.tf2center....elog#2014-06-25. Will be investigating things around this .

Edited by TheMattgician, 29 June 2014 - 05:11 PM.
Deleted all of these clones after merging threads

#35 pix3l

pix3l

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

I log on today, join a lobby, and suddenly I see that I have 0% reliability

AKP4t7y.png

But, thats impossible, since I have played 65 lobbies, and my logs show it.

http://logs.tf/profi...561198080773398

Please help.  People are kicking me out of lobbies because of this.

Edited by TheMattgician, 29 June 2014 - 05:08 PM.
Merged Threads

#36 Ganon

Ganon

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

Hello,

I'd like to know for : What are the reasons for lowering the reliability ?

Sometimes I lose 8 or 10% reliability of a sudden for no reason.

Edited by TheMattgician, 02 July 2014 - 08:30 AM.
Merged Threads

#37 Neidii

Neidii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I didn't see the update. I guess those 6s lobbies where people ragequit affected my percentage then haha.

I used to have 96% I think, I have 700+ lobbies played and 22 "ragequits". Now my reliability is at 75% suddenly. lol what? I haven't played on tf2center in a bit, and when I saw this I was so confused. I'm sure it's some sort of bug.

Edited by Neidii, 08 July 2014 - 05:38 PM.

#38 yttrium

yttrium

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

I've got 91 lobbies and I had a 100% reliability rate. Never disconnected, never reported, never ragequitted. I accidentally joined an EU lobby this morning (I'm in NA), so once the game started (it readied up immediately and I couldn't leave), I repped myself and apologized. It did successfully instantly report me, and I joined an NA lobby, only to notice my reliability dropped from 100% to 80% on a self report...? Please tell me this system is bugged or something, because that's pretty ridiculous.

• The Once and Future King likes this

#39 ThE HanDSomE DuDE

ThE HanDSomE DuDE

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

I was waiting for other players to join into a lobby and suddenly a notification popped up in the top right corner saiying I was reported and kicked from the lobby but I still was in that lobby and I still have 0 ragequits but my reliability is now 90%. Any suggestions ?

Edited by TheMattgician, 12 July 2014 - 07:31 AM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Reliability Bug"

#40 Rokumad

Rokumad

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

Hi, I've just been automatically reped from a lobby(167732, playing as red demoman) nearly as soon as I was connected, and that's a little upsetting since I wanted to do a lobby with friends and that I've waited for nothing at all. Was wondering what was the issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed