344 replies to this topic

#321 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:44 PM

please bring back ALs, so many clueless noobs joining games no matter what the restrictions are. this is the kind of thing which will give people decent at the game absolutely no reason to play TF2C when matchmaking comes out.

#322 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:10 PM

b33p now is official AL's evangelist :D

#323 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:49 PM

As time has gone on, the quality of lobbies has decreased substantially. Only HL keenos were here at the start but now the site is so extremely popular (great job, in all seriousness) it has also brought in a lot of people who know nothing about how to play TF2 and 6v6/9v9. ALs are a slight chance to recapture the fun in HL facilitated by this site.

http://logs.tf/1037011

Just played this. 2/9 gamers with a K/D over 1.0. Complete shitfest. Just about capped first point on upward. Happens 10x daily.

The site is getting really boring for people who know how to play, so I'm begging for a bone.

• Mother Tereza and Waffle like this

#324 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:30 AM

http://puu.sh/kumC5/8810f3ff5f.pngbring back ALs pls ty

#325 fishie

fishie

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:06 PM

o man this site becoming more and more nonsense. u have to report literally in every lobby players for disconnecting because there is no punishment for quitters nobody cares his reliability. most lobbies are uneven from start so u can say before lobbystart who will win. tf2center from public to trash !

plsss bring Als back !

• Migthy Burger and dabeste92 like this

#326 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:06 PM

pls

#327 Jimmi

Jimmi

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:54 AM

http://logs.tf/1071251

http://logs.tf/1071379

Penalty system pls...

Edited by Jimmi, 18 October 2015 - 12:01 PM.

#328 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:28 PM

pls bring back ALs

#329 siouxsie

siouxsie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Steam Profile

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:41 AM

Bring back Advanced Lobbies yes, but not as a 24/7 thing where there's always an AL game waiting. People just don't like waiting, when a lobby has nobody joining it for hours it puts everyone else off seeing other games starting faster. Having Advanced Lobbies created only at specific times will create a sudden influx of players at these times, leading to fast games that actually start.

I have a lot of experience waiting for PUGs and lobbies and the biggest problem with starting games has always been players simply getting bored waiting because they have no idea whether others will join or not. Another F2P game, Quake Live, had the same problem Advanced Lobbies do with #ffapickup on Quakenet. It had plenty of interest, since public Free for All servers were always either running casual settings or just one or two experienced players stomping noobs. Only 8 players needed to start a game with no teams/classes/roles etc., F2P game, there was no barrier to entry, but it still died with people constantly waiting added up for games because there was so many crappy but fast-filling games to play instantly elsewhere. And with CS:GO too, recently I spoke to switz (the creator of popflash.site, an mm alternative focused on high-quality games for experienced players) and learned how while there was a massive demand for games of the calibre his site offered the waiting times were so long compared to other services they had to move from a constant pug service to "popflash weekends", a site with 70,000+ registers users was considered so unreasonably slow *in comparison* to other services that 90+% of the time people queued they didn't end up playing a game before leaving.

Besides fixable bugs with the implementation of AL (servers unreachable with nobody to fix it, ESEA players not being considered etc.) there was nothing much wrong with AL, the games were good quality, with enough competent players to feel competitive which is exactly the sort of experience people want from a lobby service

Sorry for the wall of text. TL;DR b33p is right I agree

Edited by siouxsie, 22 December 2015 - 11:42 AM.

• Mother Tereza and Highvlass Heavy like this

t5clmeV.png

#330 Harry Kaine

Harry Kaine

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:53 PM

plss bring it  back . it gets more and more cancer here. somany 300,400 hours players, somany ragequitting faillobbys, somuch stacking going on, endless waiting for lobbies to start because they are opening new lobbies. if u not wanna become this site a totally joke do something!

Edited by Harry Kaine, 03 January 2016 - 05:55 PM.

#331 Jimmi

Jimmi

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:54 PM

http://logs.tf/1193502

AL pls

#332 Jimmi

Jimmi

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:39 PM

http://logs.tf/1194182

5 Subs casual lobby

AL <3

#333 cyrus

cyrus

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:35 PM

thats how a stacked lobby starts http://www.pic-uploa...dlobby.jpg.html 

and thats how its ends 

http://logs.tf/12048...561198049661085

must be 9 min of fun for everyone !

#334 cyrus

cyrus

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

another nice example http://www.pic-uploa...acked2.jpg.html

just watch logs by kills http://logs.tf/1208493

#335 prevail

prevail

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:59 AM

please bring AL back. Stop worrying about the haters.

#336 Julianator

Julianator

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:21 AM

Bring AL back pls

#337 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:06 AM

Bring AL back pls

maybe we will

maybe we wont.

#338 Whoop

Whoop

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:30 PM

I really don't wanna add to the wall of people complaining, but please consider bringing back Advanced Lobbies, or at least allow server owners to host their own advanced lobbies for players to join!

It's so frustrating trying to play lobbies when you're the only one there seriously looking to improve and better your TF2 game. With most high level TF2 pug options dead and gone I'm having high doubts I'll ever find people looking to play seriously enough so that I can improve as a player without having to make my own 6v6 team and look for scrims/league matches. :(

Please at least allow people to host advanced lobbies!

#339 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:22 AM

I really don't wanna add to the wall of people complaining, but please consider bringing back Advanced Lobbies, or at least allow server owners to host their own advanced lobbies for players to join!

It's so frustrating trying to play lobbies when you're the only one there seriously looking to improve and better your TF2 game. With most high level TF2 pug options dead and gone I'm having high doubts I'll ever find people looking to play seriously enough so that I can improve as a player without having to make my own 6v6 team and look for scrims/league matches. :(

Please at least allow people to host advanced lobbies!

The devs are working on fixing the old al system and adding new features. They will come back when they are finished
  • cyrus likes this

#340 rayyy

rayyy

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:46 AM

I've tried to read through a lot of this thread, and I have just one main concern.

Advanced lobbies seem like a great idea, but saying that eventually all serious players will join them so you know who isn't serious isn't a very fair thing to suggest. I regularly lobby because I really want to get better at the game, but I use tf2center because it provides a free service. I would rather not have to pay right now, sure maybe in a few years, but that's a long time from now. So that obviously means I'm not taking it seriously?

Assuming that every player who doesn't want to pay is "casual" is a little extreme. I'm running a highlander team, co-own a 6s team and am also looking to start a 4s team with some friends. I use tf2center as a way to play with some of my friends in lobbies who are in different competitive teams, or when not everyone is online, to practise in this kind of environment where it doesn't matter if a friend's bus is late, or their have a strict time schedule, or are going away for a weekend - a site like this means I can still practise. I can safely say I am beginning to improve; I play lobbies twice daily if possible, so we don't have to arrange several scrims all of the time and wait for everyone on both organised teams to get online. Yes, we still scrim regularly, but in the meantime we lobby.

At this moment in time, I would rather utilise a free service. I don't have much money, I'm under 18. I don't know if I could afford to pay for a service like this, at least not for a few years, but I am taking it seriously and would rather not be assumed 'casual' because I prefer the current system. :)
I would also like to add that, being under 18, I have a limited time schedule and am unable to wait hours for a lobby to fill up. If an advanced lobby took that long to fill up just to have a decent game I would never be able to lobby. I'd rather not be labelled a troll, newbie or someone who isn't taking the site seriously because I'm not using advanced lobbies. There are a number of factors which could prevent true value with advanced lobbies for a person. It doesn't make them any less serious about the game. :)

And yes, I use the site and service regularly and I am planning to donate when I have the money - but who knows when that would be?
  • Jan likes this
Comp players bash traders and traders bash comp players. As both, feel free to bash me whether you're a trader or a comp player! :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community Input