• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 TheShortcutButton

TheShortcutButton

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

It's a long story, but for a while my Steam account is not accessible. Ive already sent a ticket to Steam Support and am waiting on a response. While I wait for that to happen I play on an alt. It's a pain, not having any hats, but I manage. 

One thing that is upsetting is not able to play lobbies. My team is very lobby heavy, and now that I start to jump into comp more and more pubs are becoming stupid. 

So I request that TF2Center able to grant access to alts on a special permission basis, or a "screw up once and your'e gone" rule, or maybe a limited membership, where you cant make lobbies or chat? Anything that would help the serious alts.

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

I would suggest you Idle the hell out of it. We don't really like alt players, there's usually no good reason to have one (though yours is good enough).

We'll see if the devs will make an exception for you. Is your other steam account profile accessible?

#3 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

I'm the leader of the team that Shortcut plays scout on, and its a Steam Guard error that's blocking access to his main account. 

http://steamcommunit...61198107056334/

That's his main account, which he doesn't currently have access too.

http://steamcommunit...61198138694374/

That's his temp-alt that he's using until he can get access back.

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

I don't think its fair to make exceptions to the rules under any circumstances, that's my personal stance. If it happens now, the TF2C team should be prepared for an onslaught of people asking to use their alt accounts for X reason and Y reason, thus creating more loopholes and making it easier for alts to gain entry to the system. 

I have nothing against alt accounts, just from an engineering point of view its bad practice to 'manually' have to create exceptions. If there's some way to automate it or change the rules then by all means, no objections. 

• The Once and Future King likes this

#5 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

Also, it raises issues in terms of what to show in lobbies for stats. People won't be happy if they see a 7 hour dude.

#6 TheShortcutButton

TheShortcutButton

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

I don't think its fair to make exceptions to the rules under any circumstances, that's my personal stance. If it happens now, the TF2C team should be prepared for an onslaught of people asking to use their alt accounts for X reason and Y reason, thus creating more loopholes and making it easier for alts to gain entry to the system. 

I agree with this. If its too hard to do anything without severe drawbacks on tf2center, Ill just idle my way to tf2center.

#7 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

We will step in for extreme circumstances, but as has already been alluded this could open the floodgates for similar requests that we're not set up to deal with. I appreciate the inconvenience, but I'm afraid idling is the best option here!

#8 DZCreeper

DZCreeper

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

What is the point of the 100 hour limit if even the devs themselves are suggesting a few days of idling to bypass it?

In my opinion, leave the site wide hour limit but give an option to lobby leaders to remove it.

#9 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

What is the point of the 100 hour limit if even the devs themselves are suggesting a few days of idling to bypass it?

In my opinion, leave the site wide hour limit but give an option to lobby leaders to remove it.

You see, TheShortcutButton, the only one request for small exclusion and this is starting over again. What the problem to wait several days while you'll get 100 hours? Agree with Foxy, the rule is the rule, and it has been already widely discussed. No need to start it over again DZCreeper.

#10 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

He got access back to his main account (Shortcut did), so in the end, it doesn't even matter xD

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined