• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:00 AM

Steam Name: D3M1G0D
Steam ID: [U:1:82810505]

My ban reason is as follows:

Reason: Account temporarily suspended: "TF2Center can die in a fire"

I was banned shortly after a matchmaking beta match against one of the tf2center admins, uop90. Before the match started we saw we were fighting a tf2c admin and took the opportunity to poke fun at the absurdity of the recent censorship of tf2stadium and the misconduct of the tf2c admins by changing our names to "tf2stadium" and taunting the other team through the whole match.

We won the match, and shortly after I was banned from TF2Center. This ban isn't correct nor appropriate for 2 reasons.

1) This was during a game COMPLETELY outside the jurisdiction of tf2center.

2) It's possible the ban only happened because uop90 was mad about the loss (we won pretty hard).

This interaction did not occur on or near anything related to tf2center, feel free to check any and all available logs, and question uop90 about it.

Either way, banning me for this is completely and totally inappropriate, and a complete misuse of power, something the admins of tf2center are known for.

If this unban request is rejected (which is very likely), know that it will only further prove that the admins of tf2center are not responsible and will fuel more distaste for tf2center as a whole.

If any of the tf2center admins need help understanding how to deal with competition, feel free to add me on steam and I'll explain it.

Screenshot of the match: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=650070221

Thanks!

#2 Showerfairy

Showerfairy

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2536 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:15 AM

Before the match started we saw we were fighting a tf2c admin and took the opportunity to poke fun at the absurdity of the recent censorship of tf2stadium and the misconduct of the tf2c admins by changing our names to "tf2stadium" and taunting the other team through the whole match.

"TF2Center can die in a fire"

4.4 Sedition towards TF2Center

Behaviour or actions that seek to undermine TF2Center as a whole, including maligning, dissuading players, misleading others with misinformation regarding TF2Center, encouraging rule violations or otherwise attacking or threatening to attack TF2Center services or TF2Center staff.

If you want to sort it out, add Loup.

#3 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:21 AM

Many players have told us toxic members are a terrible part of this community. So you decided to harass a staff member in regards to tf2center off site and think just because it's off site it's justified? That's toxic a sign of a toxic player. Then you come and decide to try to be smart about it? Really?

#4 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:20 PM

I have talked with this guy at length today.

This perm ban suspension does not appear in line with the severity of the transgression. I think it was a "get with luop" and he just didn't do that.

I'm going to talk to Luop about this, however I am going to unban with a "next time I see you misbehaving around here, moocow is going to perm ban you from tf2c and take all of your hats"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unbanned