TF2C Profile: Friddie
Region: NA

Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Critical plugins: --
Connection type: * WiFi

Bug type: In-game
Lobby ID: https://tf2center.com/lobbies/655084
Date & Time: 3/6/16 11:00-12:30am EST

So after not playing tf2center for about 2 months, so I decided to comeback since I wanted to play. At my first try I joined a 6v6, and it didn't even get to the welcome screen it crashed at sending client info. Then I tried a highlander, that crashed on the welcome screen, rejoined and it happened again. The same thing happened in the past two highlander lobby. When on the lobby screen it also says I'm still connecting, it on the second half of the connecting stage. I tried going on a non-mumble server as well without mumble, and that didn't work. So now my reliability is at 60%.

All I want to do is pug man :(.

#2 Showerfairy

Showerfairy

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2536 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:57 PM

if your crashing trying to connect ingame its not a tf2c related issue.

Look if you have an old prec or hud that could cause you to crash due to the updates.

If not working and its only related to - tf2c lobbies. Try entering the servers manually or update your game.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ban unban admin

#3 Friddie

Friddie

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:37 PM

if your crashing trying to connect ingame its not a tf2c related issue.

Look if you have an old prec or hud that could cause you to crash due to the updates.

If not working and its only related to - tf2c lobbies. Try entering the servers manually or update your game.

I've tried all of these before, I never had prec installed, I removed my hud and my game is updated. I've put everything in manually, through console and in the server browser. It only on tf2c servers that I'm crashing. Could scripts have anything to do with this, like some commands not being allowed to be called. I'm also removing all things in my custom folder to see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Also I have toonhud (updated completely), but someone else in one of my mumbles had it and it was working just fine.

EDIT 2: Okay, just removed all my custom files, including my hud and it still didn't work.

Edited by Friddie, 06 March 2016 - 08:37 PM.

#4 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:32 AM

By welcome screen, do you mean the MOTD? If so try: 'cl_allowupload 0' and 'cl_disablehtmlmotd 1' in console.

If that doesn't work, try disabling HDR in Video settings of TF2.

Good luck.

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

#5 Friddie

Friddie

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:06 PM

By welcome screen, do you mean the MOTD? If so try: 'cl_allowupload 0' and 'cl_disablehtmlmotd 1' in console.

If that doesn't work, try disabling HDR in Video settings of TF2.

Good luck.

Well, Its not because of the MOTD screen, its just when I join, 3 seconds afterwards I crash, and I did all of these.

Thanks for trying to help though!

EDIT: Once again are their any commands that would crash my game when joining lobbies, if you desire I can put up all my scripts.

Edited by Friddie, 07 March 2016 - 11:10 PM.

#6 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:52 AM

You could attempt deleting your whole cfg folder and allowing TF2 to make it's own again, or worst case re-install the game.

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

#7 Friddie

Friddie

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:40 PM

You could attempt deleting your whole cfg folder and allowing TF2 to make it's own again, or worst case re-install the game.

Question: Instead of joining a tf2 center lobby, should I just download all of the server things and run a local server? Would that be able to replicate my situation? I'd assume so.

#8 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:51 PM

Question: Instead of joining a tf2 center lobby, should I just download all of the server things and run a local server? Would that be able to replicate my situation? I'd assume so.
Upload your graphics configuration to pastebin.

#9 Friddie

Friddie

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:23 AM

Upload your graphics configuration to pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/WyZyj4kZ

I already had mat_queue_mode -1, so that doesn't need to be addressed

#10 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:13 PM

I had your exact issue a month back. 

Eventually, I just re-installed the whole game.  That was slow, frustrating, but it worked.

The issue happened whenever I connected to any server, so just putting the connect string in console to a pub server was good enough to test.

As Fairy stated, once the servers start connecting and tf2c steps aside, it is not a bug that we can address.  It is in Valve's lap at that point.

I wish you the best.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined