1 reply to this topic

#1 barnex

barnex

• Users
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:33 AM

Hey,

Most of JL bans handed out recently are 1 day. 3 days is a rarity. I'm not saying it's not just for the offenders, but currently filling a bug report is a lot of work. And processing it on your side is some work too. One week CL ban isn't very impressive either.

Why would I spend 15 minutes of my life to punish someone in a way he can hardly feel? I don't think bans that short serve as any deterrent, unless someone plays a lot. Most people have other games, play maybe one or two lobbies per day… So 1 day ban is hardly noticable for them. CL bans don't hurt them at all usually.

I know if griefing was fun for me, I wouldn't much care about bans that long. And as a legit player I feel like my time gets wasted twice: first time by the griefer, and then second time while filling the ban report. And all this for a one day ban?

I think longer bans would deter the offenders more and make people more likely to actually report players.

• Pazer likes this

#2 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:36 PM

All punishments increase depending on how many times a user breaks that rule. If you feel that it's not worth spending a couple of minutes reporting someone, then dont.  ;)

• MasterNoob and Waffle like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined