Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:41 AM

Steam Name: Teapot
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:43364804

http://forums.tf2cen...61198046995336/

IED said "and he's saying it's because he wanted his friend to play instead." This is not true, I kicked him in the third round because he was throwing, and was using sticky jumper even after being asked not to do so. He jumped to our spawn at the beginning of each round and suicided. He was ruining the lobby for everyone, and I thought it would be better to kick him than to let him waste everyone else's time, including his 0 lobby medic. He ended up going 4 and 20 after 2.5 rounds.

He didn't get any heals because he was never alive long enough to receive any, and he obviously didn't do anything to teach the medic how to play correctly.

He claimed I said "Fuck you, fuck tf2c. You're all faggots." This is not true. You can ask anyone else who was in the mumble.

#2 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:50 AM

7.2 RCON usage
Leaders should avoid using RCON, most commands needed are issued by TF2Center, and unruly players may be removed via !rep. RCON may be used only for the following:

changelevel: to set the map back to the one the lobby was started on.
sv_password: to set the password back to the lobby password (note: you may use the re-initialise lobby button on the page to expedite this).
You may use rcon kicked/banned only if accompanied by a ban request on the forums. Misuse of this may be met with a ban.

Also you could have used the !rep tule to remove this player for his disruptive gameplay.  Also you were not even on his team. If his team really had an issue with him they would have made a report on him by now or used the !rep tool. So i dont even find your excuse or using the tool acceptable.  Also I didn't even acknowledge this in his report  so it has nothing to do with your ban. 

He claimed I said "Fuck you, fuck tf2c. You're all faggots." This is not true. You can ask anyone else who was in the mumble.

#3 Teapot

Teapot

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

"Also you could have used the !rep tool to remove this player for his disruptive gameplay.  Also you were not even on his team."

Since I was not on his team, I could not initiate a rep. A roll is not fun for either team, and I hate that a troll can come in and waste 17 other people's time.

I realize that what I did was wrong. My previous rcon infraction was for the same issue, kicking a troll. I did not know it could be accompanied with ban request. Would it help if I submit one now? I try to host quality lobbies that have a mix of new and experienced players. I kick newer players if teams are imbalanced or if they are on important classes (that explains the kicking at the beginning of the lobby)

#4 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:58 AM

Kicking a player because you dont like his weapon selection will never be acceptable, even with an accompanied ban request. You were banned once before for this exact reason. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected