• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jnaejnae

Jnaejnae

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:06 AM

Ive joined only recently, and almost all games ive played I have been reported for frankly silly reasons. One was because during pre the demo stole my spot as a soldier, so I couldnt play soldier and was forced to be demo, which is my worst class and I had the sticky jumper equipped. They forced my into the class I didnt want to play, and then I was kicked for not being the class I signed up for. 

The second time was because I was running Vaccinator, which is viable with the new buff. They claimed I was bad because the other medic had way more heals, which happens to be because my team was bad and werent able to get a single med pick. So the blamed the match loss on me, got a sub, and still lost. Silly reason to be kicked and blamed. 

The latest time was because I havent played many matches, and this guy wanted to kick me just for that reason. He yelled at me for not healing him, even tho I healed him second most only under the pocket. He yelled at me for not healing the pocket, they jumped out of reach every time I ubered. Luckily we still won, but I still took lots of the blame, for things I wasnt doing. Luckily that time I wasnt kicked and replaced, but still its sad to see how often the report is being used, especially to relative noobs like me. 

So can we just have a more strict guideline on what is worth reporting? People getting kicked for using unpopular but legal weapons is silly if that player can still do good with them, kicking people for getting their class stolen shouldnt happen period, and stealing someones class should be more reported. Im just sad at how toxic this community is. I would go back to minecraft any day, people here are so destructive, hectic, and rash. 

#2 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 07:02 AM

If you feel you were repped unfairly, you can report the players on the "report a player" part of the forum. 

• Brightly likes this

#3 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:51 PM

Jnae,

I agree that !rep abuse can be pretty frustrating.  A lot of that comes from the community.  We can try to guide the community through our rules/guidelines.  I will copy our section of rules into this thread.   I have suspected that our !rep rule is not complete, or somehow not 100% correct.  Can you provide some input on how you think it should be changed?

6.1 Rep Abuse

Players of all skill levels are welcome on TF2Center. Players can use the !rep tool only to remove AFK players and players displaying disruptive behaviour (see pt. 4 of the Rules). Prohibited reasons for !rep tool include:

• Removing a player because you don't like that player's gameplay for some reason not listed in pt 4 of the Rules. This also includes offclassing.
  • Grouping up on a user and !repping because you do not personally like them.
  • Removing a player to "make room for a friend" via the sub request.
  • !rep a players because they "look too good to not be hacking". If you suspect player are being a hacker, save a demo and post ban request on a forum after the game.
  • Players exhibiting extreme off-classing and refusing to switch back to their assigned class.

Excessive abuse of "!rep" tool can be brought to a ban thread only if you have proof of the incident. Ban requests for "!rep" abuse cases without good descriptions and evidence (e.g. logs) will be rejected.

#4 BettersonMcgee

BettersonMcgee

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:06 AM

A similar thing just happened to me, i was playing 6's (Medic) and after a while my team just started reporting me, this was one of my first competitive matches. I was removed from the game for a sub and now i'm just wondering how this will affect my future playing/credibility, if most competitive players are like this i don't think i will be using the service often

#5 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:26 PM

Sorry, Betterson.

There are a couple competing ideas out there.  One is almost to completion.

It is hard to keep the attention of expert gamers when they have to play with a very new medic.  It can be frustrating.

On the other side of the coin, it can be frustrating to play with all experts if you are new. you get destroyed.

Idea 1 is almost to completion.  "Advanced lobbies" only allow the top 10% of skilled players to join.  They autobalance/shuffle before starting.  Penalties for disgressions like quitting have real teeth (1 day lobby ban.)

Idea 2 is to have "newb lobbies."  This is my idea, but is not really approved yet.

In the meantime, if you join as med, ask the lobby players if it is ok.  Tell them you are new.  Maybe they so "no" and you avoid that cycle.

#6 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:57 AM

Archiving. Please submit another form if you would like to bump this idea.

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined