#1 dabeste92

dabeste92

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:20 PM

Hey,

after people in the last lobby kept reporting themselves, and the lobby failed because of this, i just had an idea.

What about a "close lobby" vote?

I'd suggest that a lobby gets closed, if 2/3 of the lobby players vote for a close (12 in HL, 9 in 6s, 5 or 6 for 4s and 3 for ultiduo).

And with the introduction of that feature, i would also change the rules, so that it is completely forbidden to close active lobbies (unless they're bugged our or something of course).

Advantages:

1. There would be fewer sub-slots on the mainpage that link to flobbies and therefore frustration

2. Lobbies only get closed if the majority of the players wants that

3. Lobbies can get closed even if the leader is afk/has left/wants to be a dick

It should work like that:

Player 1: !close

[TF2Center]: Closing Lobby Vote: 1/12 Votes

etc.

[TF2Center] Closing Lobby Vote complete: 12/12 Votes, ending lobby...

Just a quick idea, what do you think?^^

• Brightly and ITasteLikePaint like this

Saltmaster since 2013

#2 Kirito

Kirito

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:26 PM

Although it's not used much, if enough people report themselves, the lobby will close with no reliability drop due to excessive subs. There may be consequences to reporting yourself in the future, in which case a !close function would be nice, but I would prefer it take fewer votes. I would say a maximum of half the active players, though I'd prefer it equal however many subs is required to close a lobby due to excessive subs.

#3 dabeste92

dabeste92

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:07 PM

Well, my main point is..

When people report themselves in a lobby that's about to fail, that will open a sub-request.

If people take that sub-slot, and all that they find is a failing lobby, which is very annoying, and is also a reason why people often don't want to join sub slots.

Edited by dabeste92, 14 December 2015 - 11:08 PM.

• b33p, Tury and Brightly like this

Saltmaster since 2013

#4 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:45 AM

I agree, should be a vote to close. When 4 people on your team don't want to play anymore and don't want to leave due to reliability and their option is to alt tab, closing the lobby despite a stubborn leader could help speed up everybody's day.

#5 sage78

sage78

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:08 PM

Cool idea. Maybe reduce minimum votes to 8 since often times when people want to close lobby is because people left.
Or maybe have a minimum players from each team vote for example >Closing Lobby RED Vote: 1/3 Votes
  • dabeste92 likes this

#6 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:34 AM

Players may/will abuse this if they are getting rolled etc. Too many negatives outweigh positives. Just ask an admin to close the lobby in the main chat if it is a valid reason.

Archiving. Please submit another form if this has not been completed.

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined