8 replies to this topic

#1 Moist Penguin

Moist Penguin

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

My suggestion is that any player who is banned on ETF2L for hacking, not players who are banned for VAC or other non hack related reasons, should be banned from lobbies till that ban expires. ETF2L has an API so I would have thought that this could be automated. I personally already try to do this using TF2Stars as a way to do this as it flags them up if they are banned however an automated system would be a good idea IMO.

#2 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:19 PM

We do ban players who has been caught on cheating by ETF2L anti-cheat team. If our moderators occasionally miss someone let us know.

#3 Moist Penguin

Moist Penguin

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:01 PM

My suggestion is to automate it. Maybe I didnt make this clear but it should be possible to ban people automatically who have bans. Also how should I go about this should I just message mods on steam or make a ban post?

#4 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:02 AM

http://forums.tf2cen...-a-player-form/

#5 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:10 AM

My suggestion is to automate it. Maybe I didnt make this clear but it should be possible to ban people automatically who have bans. Also how should I go about this should I just message mods on steam or make a ban post?

I understood what you were saying. Im not sure if automating it would be the best way to go. AS then those players who get unbanned on etf2l after a mistake would have to appeal here. as where for all I know bans can be removed on their within an hour of being placed if a ban was made. What if they start losing credibility and banning people that were not actually hackers but with the reason of being a hacker? Also I am not sure of how the api works  if it would be able to choose the difference between them being banned for behavioral issues and hacking/cheating issues. 

#6 Moist Penguin

Moist Penguin

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:29 PM

I understood what you were saying. Im not sure if automating it would be the best way to go. AS then those players who get unbanned on etf2l after a mistake would have to appeal here. as where for all I know bans can be removed on their within an hour of being placed if a ban was made. What if they start losing credibility and banning people that were not actually hackers but with the reason of being a hacker? Also I am not sure of how the api works  if it would be able to choose the difference between them being banned for behavioral issues and hacking/cheating issues. 

1. Players are rarely unbanned on etf2l, and when the bans expire I would have thought that could be automated to have them unbanned as well. I cant see this increasing the workload of TF2C staff.

2. You dont trust the anticheat of a well established league? So let me get this straight if I come to you either over steam or via ban request with a player who is banned on etf2l you will ban him, but you dont trust an automated system based on the same bans? Having it automated reduces the risk of personal biases such as if an admin or friend of an admin got banned on ETF2L for cheats and it is left to the admin team to get banned that is open to abuse whereas an automated system doesnt decriminate.

3. It is perfectly possible to detect the ban reason with the api, you just have to set it to check the reason for words such as Aimbot, ESP, Wallhacks, Triggerbot etc. You then dont ban players with VAC or Assisting in Ban Evasion as their reason.

Edited by Moist Penguin, 20 November 2015 - 02:30 PM.

#7 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:51 PM

To dot the i's and cross the t's:

1. This feature would has a very minor impact on TF2Center functionality, meantime, implementation of it would distract us from more important things on a huge list of features wishful by community. Believe me, devs are not idle.
  2. The number of players banned on ETF2L isn't so great that could prevent our mods from manually track it.
  3. Making assumptions about the complexity of anything, while you're absolutely not aware about it, is leading to miscommunication.

#8 Moist Penguin

Moist Penguin

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:54 AM

To dot the i's and cross the t's:

1. This feature would has a very minor impact on TF2Center functionality, meantime, implementation of it would distract us from more important things on a huge list of features wishful by community. Believe me, devs are not idle.
  2. The number of players banned on ETF2L isn't so great that could prevent our mods from manually track it.
  3. Making assumptions about the complexity of anything, while you're absolutely not aware about it, is leading to miscommunication.

ok fair enough I can understand your point. I just felt that cookies response was both uninformed and didnt seem to have had any effort put into it which was why I felt the need to respond. However I accept that TF2C has limited resources and this isnt he best use of them.

#9 Kengur

Kengur

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

Anywho anyone banned on any league has an alt account.

Edited by Kengur, 26 November 2015 - 06:55 PM.

• Waffle likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed