• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SRLC4S

SRLC4S

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:48 AM

I was banned recently for kicking someone when they took a spot from my friend in my lobby (somehow it was unreserved, and people kept joining the space even though I warned them not to in chat). The lobby filled quiet quickly and then my friend had still not been able to click the slot as people were joining and getting kicked. During the pre-game I told the person in mumble (after joking around a little) that he will be rcon kicked (reported quickly and effectively by the host, I felt) and my friend would join. He was clearly upset by this and stayed in the mumble for a period of time asking me if I thought it was fair etc. Later that day I was banned from making lobbies all together for a week. No trial no nothing. His word against mine. His word, however had a rule on his side. Regardless of my position in the matter I am "breaking rules".

So my suggestion is, change the rules slightly so that hosts of the lobby can use rcon to deal with problems that are caused by the site itself. I wasn't going to close the lobby and recreate it after it was completely full. There was no way to get my friend in the lobby other than kicking the player in-game AND that automatically means I am banned by administration for doing so if he decides to report me, which he did.

I've made probably most of the lobbies I've played in as I have specific expectations for a host (making sure teams aren't completely imbalanced [3 invite players vs <100 lobby players], mumble required, easier map preference, etc.) and I feel that banning me from making lobbies not only hurt my specific ability to enjoy using TF2C but as of tonight I saw one mumbless 6s lobby go up and I feel that the community itself is hurt by my ability to create lobbies. 

Ban request thread: http://forums.tf2cen...eam-0029013651/

(on a side not, he didn't even have proof of entering the lobby it seems. I was banned completely on his word)

So yeah, let me use rcon to kick retards out of the slot I was saving for a friend after I kick them repeatedly without getting me banned please and thank you. 

• seexemima likes this

#2 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:53 PM

Your use of rcon is considered abuse and always will be considered abuse. Just because someone joined a spot that was unreserved and the lobby started doesn't mean you can just rcon kick them. I do not see in the lobby page chat anywhere that you warned people not to take the spot(not that it matters)

It was not his word against yours. We have logs of the lobby and can see all subs requested also  the  rcon kicks and even more. If you wanted your friend in the game you should have put the password lock on that slot. Just because you forgot to do so is not going to make us have our rule evolve around the way you think it should be. We put in these simple tools of reserving slots to avoid these issues. 

• Highvlass Heavy, sage78 and Brightly like this

#3 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:59 PM

Use our site, follow our rules.

If you want to be the king of your own castle, make a pug group.

• Burning Smile likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined