#1 Trick

Trick

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:15 AM

Steam Name: Trick
Steam ID: http://steamcommunit...61198062483845/

My ban was for !rep abuse, as reported by brightly. He has reported several threads of people in an effort to continue wasting others' time. If he is so devoted to offclassing it is frustrating and baffling that he does not participate in highlander or 4s lobbies, where "offclassing" is acceptable and welcomed. His play on engineer slowed down a lobby. It did not promote a friendly competitive environment, and did not benefit his teammates. Engineers slow down 6s games, as is their usefulness protecting last points. He was on pocket, and within a 6s game, pockets protect medics and manage games. He poorly managed the game, and in order to get it back on track, it was important for him to stop or be kicked. I do not know your competitive experience, but it would seem that protecting brightly's ability to offclass in competitive lobbies, at the expense of the masses, detracts from the possible enjoyment 11 other people can have.
i do not know why one person's obnoxious quest to waste people's time has been rewarded with such fervor. If you're all friends, great, he seems like a nice enough guy. My issue is the lack of respect he shows, and the format in which he has his fun. Stop rewarding him for slowing down lobbies. 10 minutes of engineer is too long. Banning people who report him has not only allowed him increased leverage, it has intimidated people who are in his games to the point nobody will retailate. Recording every mumble conversation isn't a part of tf2center, and neither is allowing one person to have such a gigantic (and obnoxious) say in how everyone else has to play lobbies.

Hopefully i kept this brief enough, thanks for reading,

Trick

#2 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:27 PM

Off classing is not against the rules, and has room to be effective within the meta. It is not for the enemy team to decide how you should/shouldn't be playing. The fact that your team was the one to rep him is proof enough to me that he was being effective in his role of trying to win the lobby. 

On the other hand, you and your team mates violated the spirit of center by abusing the rep system, which is a bannable offense. I suggest you use the remainder of your ban period to consider that you might not know everything about how to play TF2 effectively, and certainly that you will not be able to control how the enemy team plays.

Denied.

• MasterNoob and Brightly like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected