5 replies to this topic

#1 Silentorgy2

Silentorgy2

• Users
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:15 AM

Please let this happen.

Edited by Dreamcat, 29 September 2015 - 01:43 PM.
Topics Merged; Original Titel "Passtime Lobbies"

• seexemima likes this

#2 Jagel

Jagel

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:36 PM

Hi !

So I tried the new Pass time gamemode that just came out. And as surprising at is might be, I find it ( and I'm not alone ) super strategic and competitive. Every agrees to say that it could be a great mode for the competitive scene.

This might sound ridiculous. Cause the new gamemodes usually have the reputation of being bad and uncompetitive, as many of the comp players are very conservative. I know we can't add right now in the league competition this gamemode yet, at least we can try to allow it in regular lobbies, for test and fun purposes. While still not being a joke lobby.

I post this here and not on the league sites that provides the whitelists because TF2Center is a good start to test the competitive potential of this gamemode.

Here ya go, Thanks for reading and I hope my idea get considered. Good day.

Edited by Dreamcat, 29 September 2015 - 01:52 PM.
Topics Merged; Original Titel "Allowing the Pass time gamemode in lobbies"

#3 vysl

vysl

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:41 AM

Will this game mode be offered in competitive? :D

I already have my team comp (essentially branching off from the 6's format):

2 soldiers (power classes to deal, same 1 roamer and 1 pocket)

1 scout (great mobility)

1 medic (keeps team alive...)

1 demo (2 stickies on a jump pad essentially allows for dunking)

additionally:

1 engie to begin mid (purpose is below)

1 sniper (only needed bacause the current warehouse map is so wide and good at preventing stalemates)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(before the jack is in play)

engie essentially tries to secure the area, all the while the snipers try to pick off demos or soldiers who try to go for the massive jumps on the jump pads. (Also may attempt to take out enemy engi). With the sniper the beginning of the game should be more stable and less susceptible to instant caps, the engie helps team gain control over the jack in the beginning of the game. All the while there is the standard 6's mid fight between the rest of the team (-1 scout)

(when the jack is in play)

Engi will stabilize zones for the team to control, eg controlling certain jump pads so the demos and soldiers can attempt to dunk, the scout does scout things. Snipers counter the engie nest in front of the goal.

Issues I see:

Speed boosts on the map are BS and should be removed

Crits after scoring a goal are also BS (valve does love its crits)

Spawncamping, this may become an issue...

Certain items eg reserve shooter should be banned (no fun if ur going for the dunk and get shot out of the sky by minicrits..)

If what I described above doesn't work there needs to be standardized classes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've only got 1800 hours so forgive me for lack of game knowledge *.*

#4 Petr

Petr

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:50 PM

I would love to see this. I really like this gamemode and when I play it the chat is always full with people saying how this should be a gamemode with restricted classes and proper rules and such. Since, let's face it, Valve is probably never gonna consider this tf2center would be the perfect place for this.

#5 Wolf the Gent

Wolf the Gent

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

I tried to make a lobby for it using pass_warehouse only to be disappointed to see it wasn't a valid map type. IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!

#6 Dreamcat

Dreamcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:00 PM

Wont happen until it gets official implemented by valve or picked up by the leagues

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined