quadmg

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:29 PM

Steam Name: Andy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:106568535
Lobby ID: --

Alright, this isn't your usual kind of report. This will be very hard to prove but I've seen these people before and I know what they are. So, this guy "Andy" made a lobby, which I've joined. Everything was fine and normal in a rather lengthy pregame. Then the first round actually started, and a few seconds into setup time my game starts repeatedly losing and regaining connection. The losing/regaining was too fast and I saw everyone still standing in spawn as this was happening. This lasted for about two minutes before I was actually booted on "Lost connection to server" (my internet connection never went down at any point during this). I checked the lobby page, and our team's demoman was also off the game at that point.

I rejoin the server, and the other players seem to have some points which means they were probably playing as this was happening. 20 seconds into being in the game and I get the same thing again, repeatedly losing/regaining connection. I noticed Andy seemed to have no points in the scoreboard, which may mean he was too busy trying to fuck up my game other than actually play himself. I decided to just leave the game at this point and search for a new lobby. 1 minute later, I notice that the lobby must have somehow ended as everyone who was into it was filling into other lobby's slots, this includes Andy. Unfortunately I forgot to save the lobby number, but I see no such lobby in Andy's logs.tf profile which means the lobby was indeed closed down one way or another.

After these events, I figured Andy must have probably targeted me in particular to lag out. Andy has next to no TF2 hours and very little lobbies, which means he's just an alt, of a hacker potentially. Note how Andy has no avatar. This is a thing hackers can do. I've seen many hackers which have no avatar, it's a hacker thing that only them know how to do. Andy conveniently also has a private profile, and seems to be doing too well in lobbies, especially as sniper.

Today I was lurking the tf2 subreddit, and I see this post: https://www.reddit.c...t_a_vote_being/ in which it talks about a hacker named "Andy" and a hacker friend of his. I find this way too much coincidence to be just that. I'm convince that this "Andy" guy is just a hacker looking to ruin lobbies and other people's gaming experience. Hopefully this will be enough proof to get him banned.
Congratulations, you've found the secret easter egg!

#2 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:56 AM

logs?

#3 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:51 PM

We could just ban anyone named Andy.  Or maybe Chris.

#4 Andy 

Andy 

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:45 PM

Hi.

Maybe I can shed some light on this.

The lobby was hosted on my own personal dedicated server which was at that point under a heavy DDoS attack.

When the mitigation systems installed in our server rack kicked in, you and a couple of other players got disconnected, unluckily.

I then closed said lobby to prevent further damages.

Note how Andy has no avatar. This is a thing hackers can do. I've seen many hackers which have no avatar, it's a hacker thing that only them know how to do.

Bullshit, it's a steam api built-in functionality. You and 99,9% of other Steam users are probably just too stupid to figure out how to do it.

Today I was lurking the tf2 subreddit..blah blah

Do you realise how many players are named Andy? I can find 86208 by just searching for "Andy" in the steam client.

Besides, the author of that post mentioned getting kicked for being a brony, I would never do that.

I am a furry myself and respect any kind of players, brony or not.

Best Regards.

Edited by Andy , 18 August 2015 - 08:53 PM.

#5 quadmg

quadmg

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:21 PM

Hi.

Maybe I can shed some light on this.

The lobby was hosted on my own personal dedicated server which was at that point under a heavy DDoS attack.

When the mitigation systems installed in our server rack kicked in, you and a couple of other players got disconnected, unluckily.

I then closed said lobby to prevent further damages.

Note how Andy has no avatar. This is a thing hackers can do. I've seen many hackers which have no avatar, it's a hacker thing that only them know how to do.

Bullshit, it's a steam api built-in functionality. You and 99,9% of other Steam users are probably just too stupid to figure out how to do it.

Today I was lurking the tf2 subreddit..blah blah

Do you realise how many players are named Andy? I can find 86208 by just searching for "Andy" in the steam client.

Besides, the author of that post mentioned getting kicked for being a brony, I would never do that.

I am a furry myself and respect any kind of players, brony or not.

Best Regards.

Your unnecessary hostility is suspicious in it's own right. I've never seen a non-hacker have a profile image that returns a 404. I heavily doubt it's a built-in functionality as you say. Heavy DDoS attack as you say sounds like too convenient an excuse, as well as being a furry. Who would DDoS a TF2 server right as a lobby starts? Certainly it would have to be someone who knew that there was a lobby ongoing in said server. And that the server is yours seems like even more of a coincidence for you yourself to tamper with it. There are many players called Andy, sure, but the proximity of the events that transpired in that lobby and the reddit post seemed a little too coincidence to be true.

MasterNoob, there's no logs for that lobby.

If the server was under a DDoS attack, how come only me (and potentially our team's demoman) were affected? I'm aware of the existence of certain exploits that can be used to target certain players and screw up their connections to the server. If it was indeed a DDoS attack, wouldn't the entire server have been affected? The other players seemed to be normal, and my connection was certainly normal and at no point did my signal/connection actually drop.

Edited by A.M.M.T.M.P, 18 August 2015 - 09:22 PM.

#6 Andy 

Andy 

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:26 PM

Your unnecessary hostility is suspicious in it's own right. I've never seen a non-hacker have a profile image that returns a 404.

You can find enough people by querying steamid.co.uk, that, once again, requires you to know what you are doing which I don't think you do. Not my problem though, hehe.

I heavily doubt it's a built-in functionality as you say.

It is though and you doubting that won't change anything.

I obviously won't give any hints on how to do it, it is already too wide spread compared to 2013 when I and a good friend first discovered it.

Who would DDoS a TF2 server right as a lobby starts?

Said server is also running a webserver with around 35 vhosts, two teamspeak instances and a bunch of other private stuff (also high risk services like a Tor Exit Node, these are known to be attacked quite often).

When did I even imply that the srcds instance got attacked? That's right, never, you are pulling shit out of your ass again.

Your unnecessary hostility is suspicious in it's own right.

Being publicly accused of a criminal offence that I didn't commit is no reason to be hostile?

as well as being a furry

No need for you to bring that up.

I just believe that I am mentally and spiritually a wolfdog hybrid, what's wrong with that.

Edited by Andy , 18 August 2015 - 09:32 PM.

#7 quadmg

quadmg

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:35 PM

Your unnecessary hostility is suspicious in it's own right. I've never seen a non-hacker have a profile image that returns a 404.

You can find enough people by querying steamid.co.uk, that, once again, requires you to know what you are doing which I don't think you do. Not my problem though, hehe.

I heavily doubt it's a built-in functionality as you say.

It is though and you doubting that won't change anything.

I obviously won't give any hints on how to do it, it is already too wide spread compared to 2013 when I and a good friend first discovered it.

Who would DDoS a TF2 server right as a lobby starts?

Said server is also running a webserver with around 35 vhosts, two teamspeak instances and a bunch of other private stuff.

When did I even imply that the srcds instance got attacked? That's right, never, you are pulling shit out of your ass again.

Your unnecessary hostility is suspicious in it's own right.

Being publicly accused of a criminal offence that I didn't commit is no reason to be hostile?

as well as being a furry

No need for you to bring that up.

I just believe that I am mentally and spiritually a wolfdog hybrid, what's wrong with that.

You're telling me that I'm pulling shit out of my ass when I had no possible way of knowing whatever else the server is hosting. I'm supposed to know this by default? No, I can only speak from what I see and experience. That's what I'm doing, I'm providing "evidence", not "proof". Then again that which you say could also be made up, so I'm not going to go into this "my word" vs "your word" shenanigans. Yes, it's not reason to be hostile as I'm merely providing evidence from experience. I never said that you were a hacker for sure, only that, via my observations, I find it highly likely that you would be. There's nothing wrong with being suspicious and making a report. The reason for me mentioning you being a furry was merely to show how it seemed to be an excuse to not be the "Andy" from the reddit post (again, I'm not saying you are this person for sure, only that it seems more than just a coincidence).

Edited by A.M.M.T.M.P, 18 August 2015 - 09:35 PM.

#8 Andy 

Andy 

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:48 PM

Sorry can't hear you over how much better than you I am. Want to try again?

Edited by Andy , 18 August 2015 - 09:50 PM.

#9 quadmg

quadmg

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:54 PM

Sorry can't hear you over how much better than you I am. Want to try again?

And you draw this conclusion from where? Troll posts won't make your case any better.

#10 Andy 

Andy 

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:11 PM

And you draw this conclusion from where? Troll posts won't make your case any better.

You have zero proof for your claims. There are no logs. Nobody even remotely cares about what you wrote. Get shitted on.

#11 quadmg

quadmg

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:20 PM

You have zero proof for your claims. There are no logs. Nobody even remotely cares about what you wrote. Get shitted on.

Like I've said, it's evidence. Evidence amounts to some proof. If there's no logs you most likely had a hand on it being that way. I suggest you stop being rude, you never know what may happen.

Also, this is completely unrelated to you being better than me in whatever way. You sound like an overly proud script kiddie at this point.

On another point, you are in no position to talk about whether others care or not. You're trying too hard to be a troll now.

#12 Andy 

Andy 

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:24 PM

You sound like an overly proud script kiddie at this point.

No, I actually accomplished something in IT and my life, it's okay if you can't spot the difference (not knowing the difference in the first place, guess why!).

After all you are getting upset about a game and making up random claims, I would call this pathological addiction, it's a serious issue for those affected.

Please seek help.

Edited by Andy , 18 August 2015 - 10:25 PM.

#13 quadmg

quadmg

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:30 PM

You sound like an overly proud script kiddie at this point.

No, I actually accomplished something in IT and my life, it's okay if you can't spot the difference (not knowing the difference in the first place, guess why!).

After all you are getting upset about a game and making up random claims, I would call this pathological addiction, it's a serious issue for those affected.

Please seek help.

Hopefully you aren't implying that I haven't accomplished anything in my life, because of that, you certainly have zero proof of. Same thing of you saying I'm "upset about a game and making up random claims", no, just no. Wanting to keep this community clean has nothing to do with being upset. Let's not forget who started being rude and insulting here. You're calling 99.9% of Steam users "stupid" only because they don't know how to have their avatar return a 404? This is ignorance at it's finest, and this is why I'm calling you an overly proud script kiddie and a troll. You certainly have some growing up to do...