#1 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:50 AM

Problem: I gave a guy my server and rcon information so he could do his own lobbies.  Worked well until I was in the middle of a lobby and our server got initialized.  I am pretty sure he hit the "kick players" checkbox

Suggestion: beyond the obvious "don't give out your info" - perform an additional validation step and come back with "this server currently active with lobby 999999" message.

#2 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

Problem: I gave a guy my server and rcon information so he could do his own lobbies.  Worked well until I was in the middle of a lobby and our server got initialized.  I am pretty sure he hit the "kick players" checkbox

Suggestion: beyond the obvious "don't give out your info" - perform an additional validation step and come back with "this server currently active with lobby 999999" message.

FYI, that guy did the same thing again later that day we got kicked from the lobby.  I told him he really needed to stop doing that and he pretended like he had no idea what I was talking about, you might want to think about changing you rcon and finding someone more respectful to other players to give you server info to.

Edit--Also, this would be a good idea.

Edit2--Also, the steam group thing I mentioned seems to work pretty good at least with the people I have invited to have access to my server, if you want find me on steam and I'll invite you there so you can see how I do it.

Edited by The Once and Future King, 10 April 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#3 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

Gave away rcon to another kid.  He probably thinks this is the coolest thing in the world.  I wish damn adults did this when I was a kid.  This guy is an engine that will keep lobbies rolling when I am at work, which is really cool.

Still, this issue hangs around.  Now, I check with them both before I start creating.  I probably will do a steam group if I pick up anyone else.  Good advice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined