10 replies to this topic

#1 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

Joined his badwater lobby (#71804) as spy, said "If you don't type *something* in 30s then you will get banned from this lobby". I didn't, he banned me. Here are some pictures:

http://puu.sh/7Sckc.png

http://puu.sh/7Scn5.png

http://puu.sh/7Sc8X.jpg

And here is the chat log.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Ad20v2Pn

Thanks to Ulysse for getting the pictures and log (since I was obviously banned).

I'm sure this is amusing in some people's mind, but there's no place for this behavior in TF2C.

Note: After Ulysse warned him, Lunatic (STEAM_0:0:44976503) said the following:

Spoiler

Just thought I'd mention that while we're at it.

#2 Emiel

Emiel

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

I can confirm Gregoravich was doing this. But i'll also have to say that Ulysse warned him after TheMattgician told that:

Spoiler

Edited by R.E.M., 01 April 2014 - 09:25 PM.
Please use the spoiler tag functionality for long passages of text in the future.

#3 Gregoravich

Gregoravich

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

is there a rule against kicking people from your lobby without a valid reason? i thought i was in control over the players who played in lobbies i create, no?

#4 B!-Fisch

B!-Fisch

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

it was supposed to be a Joke thingy,not a good one probably,but definetly not a ban reason imo

• Gregoravich likes this

#5 Gregoravich

Gregoravich

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

just wanted to have some fun with my fellow spy mains, some get banned from a badwater lobby, why a user ban for that? 

#6 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Because it's a dick move. You were clearly trolling, and you knew it.

And no, you aren't allowed to kick people without reason. It's pretty obvious.

#7 Gregoravich

Gregoravich

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

yeah i spoke to masternoob, i have full power over who gets banned from my lobby, all you had to do was type it anyway.

• B!-Fisch likes this

#8 B!-Fisch

B!-Fisch

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

reporting someone because you got banned from 1(!) Badwater lobby (and there are atleast 100+ every day) you were in for 30 seconds (so you cant really complain he wasted your Time) and then talking about Dick moves,sorry but nope,cant find any logic. and yes he can Kick/Ban anyone from his Lobby for his personal reasons,thats why it was HIS Lobby....god just accept it was a Bad Joke and he did NOT do it to ruin anyone's Center experience

#9 Kenneth

Kenneth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

The goal of TF2Center is to be a place where people can come and play videogames in a competitive setting, making people type in a stupid sentence to be able to play the game doesn't follow that at all. It's also rude to the other people to be honest... the lobby will take longer to start and that's wasting their time. 

Look, I'd consider a short lobby creation ban which we can now do, but I don't think it's necessary as long as you cut this out Greg. Do we have a deal?

And to make it official: Warning given to Gregovarich, non response will result in a lobby creation ban.

• B!-Fisch likes this

#10 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

I would just like to say that I totally agree with, and support, Kenneth's decision but that I have something furthur to add to the discussion which I feel is rather important.

yeah i spoke to masternoob, i have full power over who gets banned from my lobby...

Whilst this is true, we also expect the lobby leaders on our site to be courteous and considerate to the people in their lobbies. Just because it is your server it does not mean you can insist that people do something stupid and arbitary because the right to control who is on your server and the right to use your server as a host for a TF2C lobby are not the same thing. TF2C staff are letting you use their servers to arrange lobbies on yours for free and the only thing we ask in return is that lobby leaders do not abuse such privaledges and in my view this is an abuse of your privaledge whether or not you think it's serious. This is not your call to make as you are not a TF2C admin nor do you have any claim to the property of TF2C.

I agree that your actions are not the worst behaviour of a lobby leader I've seen on the site by a long way but that dosen't mean that I approve of your actions and it also dosen't mean that you are not breaching the rules.

Remember, your server is your property and you are right that you retain full control over the server. However TF2C do not have to give you the option to create lobbies on our site with your server and herein lies the fundamental difference between what Masternoob said and the context you are using it in.

With that out of the way, I would also like to remind all users, regardless of rank, to keep their tone civial in all areas of the forum, regardless of the circumstances.

If you would like to check anything I have said then you can find a copy of our rules here.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#11 Kenneth

Kenneth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

Was able to talk to Greg, all sorted, hopefully we don't see you here again. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warned