Photo
- - - - -
Declined

"reopen upon completion" checkbox (never-ending lobbies)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 naknak

naknak

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:54 PM

Like a lot of people, I have a server I don't use for much other than lobbies and scrims.  

I'm sure this suggestion will shock and awe some people, but there's really no reason to ever NOT have a badwater/viaduct/etc. lobby running, and if there was an option like "run this lobby until I disable it," I'd use it.

The only wrinkle I foresee is needing to exec a "lobby_off" or explicitly restart (rcon quit) the server on each iteration.

#2 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

I would have thought this would cause conflicts with our duplicate lobbies system. Not to mention people are already complaining about the number of lobbies on the lobby page even after the restriction we imposed. I don't think this is a good idea personally.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#3 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

This suggestion can be only useful after implementation of ranking system and matchmaking based on it and even in this case I seriously doubt that this could be useful. Right now this suggestion can easily ruin weak balance inside the current system and distract players from ongoing lobbies. We can return to this discussion later.

Marked as "Declined".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined