• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Vaskie

Vaskie

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

In highlander it's not an issue but it can become a headache to have team players offclass most if not all the match on 6vs6. It would be fantastic if there was a way to block it. Maybe do the same that TF2Pickup.net does, where they check the logs to see how many minutes they played another class that wasn't their own and from there ban them.

• fraac likes this

#2 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

We already do ban people from lobbies if they off-class excessively or in a way that disrupts the game but I know a lot of really good players who off class a lot because the fact is, 6v6 has a lot of viable situational classes. Sure if someone is running pyro/heavy to mid then that's not good but I know people complain a lot about perma snipers but they are very useful (and annoying for a medic main like me) and can easily turn the tide of a game if they are good at what they do.

If you would like to report anyone for off-classing then make a note of the lobby number, the time and the person's name and steam ID (ideally take a screenshot of the output for the "status" command in console). Then make a ban request in the bans section and tell us why you think this person should be banned and we'll take the appropriate action based on the evidence we have from the lobby's logs.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#3 Kent

Kent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

You can add additional "rules" to the description of the lobby, and modify the server like this:

tf_tournament_classlimit_soldier 2
tf_tournament_classlimit_medic 1
tf_tournament_classlimit_scout 2
tf_tournament_classlimit_demoman 1
tf_tournament_classlimit_pyro 0
tf_tournament_classlimit_sniper 0
tf_tournament_classlimit_heavy 0
tf_tournament_classlimit_engineer 0
tf_tournament_classlimit_spy 0

Just make sure anyone joining is aware.

• Tury likes this

#4 JNeb900

JNeb900

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

I played a 6's lobby where the other team had a sniper and a pyro. When I want to play 6's, I don't want to expect that kind of crap. It just ruins the lobby.

Please lock the normal 6's classes so only those can be played

Edited by TheMattgician, 13 August 2014 - 06:52 PM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Make 6's offclassing against the rules"

#5 FromZero2Hero

FromZero2Hero

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

I disagree on disabling classes like sniper and pyro. Permanent offclassing is unavoidable. Best thing to do is create an easy reporting system for permanent offclassers where you fill in steamid, logs file and steamname after the match. 

#6 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

6s without offclassing isn't really 6s. TF2C tries to reflect competitive for all level of players to practice, so it's not really in our interest. Preventing any offclassing has a higher cost than "allowing" inappropriate offclassing, though I agree that some measures should be taken against that.

• ninjaMooCow likes this

#7 Tury

Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:35 AM

Someone might main pyro or sniper in 6s, and I know that's pretty unlikely it is possible. You don't have to have 2 sollys, 2 scouts, 1 demo and 1 medic to play 6s, that's just the recommended classes you use. But lets say a person is off classing as a pyro and they run back burner or phlog and at the end of the lobby they have a really low damage and dpm and it's obvious they were just trolling then report them

#8 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:40 AM

6s without offclassing isn't really 6s. TF2C tries to reflect competitive for all level of players to practice, so it's not really in our interest. Preventing any offclassing has a higher cost than "allowing" inappropriate offclassing, though I agree that some measures should be taken against that.

While you could prevent someone from offclassing in a systematic way, it is really hard to tell if it is appropriate.

Only other choice is a new  meta : tf2c no-offclassing-6's.

Not too tasty.

#9 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

And there's this:

#10 fraac

fraac

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:01 AM

Like a checkbox when you're creating the lobby. I'm increasingly convinced the upside outweighs the downside, at least as an option. I don't think I've played a game of 6v6 recently that didn't have permasnipers. Most aren't selfish, they're just ignorant, but all of them hurt their teams. The downside is you couldn't hold last with normal offclasses, but they would improve at pushing out from last. 

You could call them Learner Lobbies or something.

Edited by TheMattgician, 09 November 2014 - 05:43 AM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "option for no off-classing"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined