Photo
- - - - -
Declined

Button to launch Mumble before TF2 even if not required.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 DZCreeper

DZCreeper

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:52 AM

In the lobbies that don't require Mumble but still suggest it, its annoying to have TF2 launch faster and you don't get the Mumble overlay. A button to launch Mumble even when its not required would be great.

#2 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

As of the latest patch on 30/03/2014 the system does not launch TF2 automatically if the lobby is a mumble-required lobby, instead it launches mumble and then allows the user to launch TF2 manually once their mumble client has started.

I think a system where the website automatically detects a user in mumble (and then launches their TF2 based on this) is going to be very difficult to put in because we already have issues with ad blockers, anti-viruses and firewalls.

I will let a developer comment their opinion though and mark this as under review for now.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#3 DZCreeper

DZCreeper

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

What I mean is simply is have a client side button that makes it so Mumble launchs first. If the user already has TF2 open, that is not your problem.

#4 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

What I mean is simply is have a client side button that makes it so Mumble launchs first. If the user already has TF2 open, that is not your problem.

How exactly will the site know if TF2 is open.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#5 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

How exactly will the site know if TF2 is open.

It doesn't need to, as he said it is not your problem.

In the lobbies that don't require Mumble but still suggest it, its annoying to have TF2 launch faster and you don't get the Mumble overlay. A button to launch Mumble even when its not required would be great.

I would recommend just joining mumble wile waiting for the lobby to fill (before opening TF2).  The join mumble button is always there, even when Mumble is not required.

#6 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

I would like to ask, what is this if not a big Mumble button?

Status changed to "Declined"

#7 DZCreeper

DZCreeper

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

I don't really know how to make myself more clear. While that button works fine, there should be an additional button that launches Mumble for you even if the lobby doesn't require it. That way people could have the overlay even in non-Mumble required lobbies.

It seems fairly simple, all the stuff needed is already there. Its just a convienence option for people that forget to launch Mumble before the match.

#8 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

I think this is more a bug than a suggestion:

I can launch mumble by clicking the "Join Mumble" button any time on any lobby. If that doesn't work for you, then there's probably a bug.

#9 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

I don't really know how to make myself more clear. While that button works fine, there should be an additional button that launches Mumble for you even if the lobby doesn't require it. That way people could have the overlay even in non-Mumble required lobbies.

It seems fairly simple, all the stuff needed is already there. Its just a convienence option for people that forget to launch Mumble before the match.

I don't understand what are you talking about. We have "Mumble" button in both types of lobbies. These button is ALWAYS there. You can click it any time while sitting in lobby. The screenshot that I have attached before has been made from non-mumble lobby.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined