suchsmallhands

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:17 AM

Steam Name: saam
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:39011525

II meant to send a message to my channel and cliked the wrong button so I got perma banned from mumble. Can this be undone? I didn't even know it was against the rules.
  • Ellcrusty likes this

#2 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

Player not in my lobby sends an http:// spam to an advertisement to a giveaway to my lobby in mumble.  So I ban.

Discussed it briefly in steam until it started turning into an argument.

Player then asks all of our common friends to send me a steam message.

Although I see all of this as excessive and annoying as hell, I think the claim is "one button was misclicked."   I will remove the ban upon proof of that, can I have someone that can view mumble logs investigate please.

I will take action on this when I free up later tonight.

And to be clear, any usage of mumble outside of playing games is not allowed, and is probably bannable.  Certainly spamming an http link to lobbies that a player is not playing in is a bannable offense.

Provide IP address through forum Private messages please.

#3 suchsmallhands

suchsmallhands

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

Ok, so in mumble if you click on a channel and then send a message, it will send the message to that channel. In my case, someone asked me about the giveaway I was hosting, so I sent the link to them. It wasn't as if I sent it any more than one time.

"And to be clear, any usage of mumble outside of playing games is not allowed, and is probably bannable.  Certainly spamming an http link to lobbies that a player is not playing in is a bannable offense."

I'm pretty sure like after half my lobbies I sit and chat with people I was playing with, is that bannable too? As a client it's not like mumble is perfect but banning me from mumble effectively keeps me from using the website in any decent way.

#4 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:50 AM

So apparently it hasn't been clear enough, even though I say this a lot.

This is not a discussion forum. Do not throw in your "two cents" if you are not the person who was banned, as your post will be hidden.

I'll talk to mooCow and get some more details.
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#5 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

So, even though I feel like the way that saam has handled this by asking all of his friends to chime in and harass me is seriously slimy, I revoked the ban at 8pm est last night.

To be clear, any lobby I am in that gets links sent to me in mumble chat from outside will result in a ban, just like this one did.  Those are the rules, I decide how to act upon them, there is no public jury and a way to discuss this outside of an unban request and/or bringing it to the admin team.  The admin team, by the way, is very adamant that we remain strict on mumble.  There can be a lot of griefing and it hurts the community.

keep-calm-and-i-got-my-eyes-on-you.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unbanned