#1 Broglie de Scarecrow

Broglie de Scarecrow

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

Steam Name: DeScarecrow
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:79527956

I was recently banned for abusing the rep system which is fair enough. I think a bit of the context is missing. I was playing with a friend, MSanimator7. The spy on the other team, we were in mumble together and I as a small joke made a bind to say to rep their spy, I began spamming it just for a laugh with him. There was no malice there on my part to him and that carried over to the chat where I began making calls about him hacking as well to continue the joke.

Believe me when I say it was not done with the intention of disrupting the lobby or causing displeasure to anyone mid game, it was not done with the intention of getting MSanimator7 actually kicked as there were several of us in the game sharing a mumble on both teams so it was meant to be a small bit of banter which some people on the teams were apparently frustrated by. Since the situation is one which was rather misjudged I'm happy to say sorry and I'll avoid making such jokes in future.

Thank you for your time <3

#2 Showerfairy

Showerfairy

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2536 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:34 PM

Some people didn't find the spam funny.Therefore they reported you and it led to a ban. It could have kicked the player mentioned or shown that that kind of behavior is alright in chat to new players. Dont joke with the !rep system.

Your ban ends on the 25 this month around 11.17 cest time.  :3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected