Photo
- - - - -
Declined

Cannot join lobbies, lowering reliability.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 xlte

xlte

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:19 PM

TF2C Profile: xlte
Region: NA

Browser: Google Chrome
Critical plugins: --
Connection type: * Router

Bug type: In-game
Lobby ID: --
Date & Time: 21 April 6:30~ GMT-4:00

I don't really know what's happening, but I'll try to explain it. I tried to sub for a game, to which I joined. My TF2 was fine, and I had just been in a game. It wouldn't let me join and then my computer kind of imploded and I had to relaunch, which was fine. I tried joining again, and my computer basically crapped itself again, then it said I had been reported and kicked. I was kind of pissed, but I figured it was just my computer.

Then I tried to join another lobby. As soon as we had enough people, I tried to join. While I was joining I tabbed out back to lobby and found another reported and kicked message and my TF2 crashed, about 30 seconds after the lobby was created when not everyone was even in the game yet. I tried another 2 lobbies and the same problem consisted, automatically-kicking me from the lobby and it dropped my reliability from 100% to 60% without me even joining a game.

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:06 PM

Well, that's not good.

I'm not quite seeing how this is a TF2C problem. If your computer is crashing with TF2, you could possibly try a graphics config to reduce the load. (Chris's or m0re's FPS configs are a good place to start.)

Other than that, not much we can do to help.
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 xlte

xlte

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:01 PM

Well, that's not good.

I'm not quite seeing how this is a TF2C problem. If your computer is crashing with TF2, you could possibly try a graphics config to reduce the load. (Chris's or m0re's FPS configs are a good place to start.)

Other than that, not much we can do to help.

To me it seemed like it was thinking I was in the old lobby after I got kicked. Everytime I ready up, I instantly get removed from the lobby and reported, or I get about 30 seconds to join. There is really nothing I can do, I can play TF2 fine other than Center.

#4 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:53 AM

xlte,

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding this:

>> . Everytime I ready up, I instantly get removed from the lobby and reported

When you ready up, you are still on the web site.  You can only be removed/kicked by the leader of the lobby.  This might be happening.

!rep (reporting) happens during a game when players vote.    Since you ready up on the web site, it doesn't make sense to me that you ready up and get reported.

Have you taken the time to watch the video on the main tftcenter.com site?  It's pretty informative.

#5 xlte

xlte

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:34 PM

-snip-

Still happening semi-regularly. No, I'm getting pop-ups saying I've been reported and kicked from the lobby, while I'm idle in a lobby waiting for enough people to ready up, and then when I refresh the page my reliability has dropped. 

It is not the leader of the lobby removing me, or my rel wouldn't drop. I'm tired of trying to play 7-8 games to get my rel back up when it happens again and I have to start all over.

#6 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:19 AM

I can see that you are frustrated with valve and the game that they have made.  We can't fix that.

If your experience here is so negative because of this, and you feel that you continue to need to get snarky to moderators in private messages, then feel free to not come back.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined