Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:38 PM

Your IP matched w/ an alt of Invad3r - someone who is permabanned. 

Any reason as to why that would be?

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 Feroaffer

Feroaffer

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Location16

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:39 PM

I wanted to add you on steam for this cause it's complicated to explain over a forum post but I'll try so here;

(Can't PM you)

A long time ago I played garry's mod with a friend and he no longer found fun in video games so he gave the account to me.

Seeing it had around like 70 hours on TF2 I farmed the last 30 hours to play on TF2Center to just mess around with people because a lot of people are like "Wow 100 hours noob, no lobbies" Just harmless fun surprising people with as a good player with like no lobbies.

I played a lobby and later Invader asked me if I could use this alt for the same reason I made the alt (Joke around on an account with low hours); not knowing he was still banned (to be honest I really didn't care much anyways to be flatout)

I just handed the account over to him, but he might have also shared with pellovley but I'm not sure.

I'll admit I did give an account to banned user. After I used it for one lobby. I didn't expect much to come from it but I was wrong.

I didn't think alts were bannable for non-banned users in the first place but I didn't see it in the rules anywhere. If anything please shorten my ban to a week or whatever is necessary. I'll try and recover my alt account but it's cool if you keep it banned.

Edited by Feroaffer, 24 March 2015 - 11:39 PM.

#4 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:54 AM

Couple things:

-It's not that you were banned for alting alone (because you weren't banned - that would be a terrible system if it did), the issue arose when Invad3r used it, as his IP in the records immediately got it banned.

...hence why when you logged in, the system found the common IPs between the alt that Invad3r and you both used, and your main account. That's how you got banned.

This will take a bit to manually override the auto-ban. Give us a couple days and I'll get back to you :)

#5 Feroaffer

Feroaffer

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Location16

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:00 AM

Cool, thank you.

#6 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:11 AM

Alright, you should be good to go.

Try not to share alts with Invad3r again :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unbanned