#1 radioactiveAsshole

radioactiveAsshole

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

Steam Name: radioactiveAsshole ☢
Steam ID: U:1:83592586

Well, more than an explanation for unban I would like to ask for an explanation for the ban in the first place.
I just found out of it from TF2C | ninjaMooCow in the tf2center chat, where he told me I was permabanned from mumble for reason "spam" on 3/14/2015 7:36 est.
I guess I was indeed in a lobby at that time, and if that's the case I was in mumble. But I'm sure I didn't "spam" the mumble voice chat or anything. Actually, I don't even think I even spoke once during that lobby, as it was pretty late in the night.
Explananations from the admin that went through with the ban would be appreciated.

#2 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

Your ban is not currently active.  For 30 minutes on 3/15, you were prevented from joining mumble required lobbies.  This is due to an auto-mumble-lobby ban.

These bans work by checking to see if you are in mumble.  Sometimes people drop out of mumble or mute mumble during the game, etc.  Automated systems do not know why you do things like this, and you get this kind of cooldown ban.  Here are my hints.

Tips to avoid auto mumble bans:
1. Make sure your mumble client version is up to date.
2. get in before the start.  Get out after the end.
3. Don't leave mumble and come back (e.g. restart) and expect an automated system to understand why you do things.
4. stay in mumble until after the end.  The end is when TF2C says it is the end, not until people start leaving because they know they have lost.
5. Use the same computer for mumble as tf2.   The IP addresses must match.
6. Do not mute or deafen.

Usually people end up saying, "oh yeah.  I stopped mumble and rejoined because of (x) (possibly, an overlay glitch.)"  Our monitors do not read your mind, they see you out of mumble and take action.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected