TF2C Profile: Lucksoar
Region: NA

Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Critical plugins: --
Connection type: --

Bug type: In-game
Lobby ID: --
Date & Time: --

Hi, very new to the scene, so new infact that I've only joined three lobbies. Unfortunatly, I've had to drop out of each of them due to massive latency issues. Basically my ping would jump from around 50, to 500, then back down to 50 in the span of a few seconds. The entire server would be rubber-banding, and there was nothing I could do.

I'm not sure what the issue could be, as I tried seperate lobbies, all with the same problem, and then I joined random servers with next to no problem at all. Here's my internet speed http://www.speedtest...sult/4151341001, just so you know that isn't the issue.

I was also using Mumble during my testing, and it worked fine, independant of how the game was running.

Any help is very much appreciated, as I would really like to participate in these games.

Luck

#2 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

There is nothing we can do to fix your in-game ping, since that is out of our control. Make sure you join the right region (EU/NA/AU) and ping should be below 50. However, since pretty much all servers are accepted, you might have been unlucky with some shitty servers.

#3 Lucksoar

Lucksoar

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:30 AM

I've only used servers in my country, aside from one time trying to see if it would have the same problem outside my country. That bites, my rep is down by a ton because of this. I guess I'll have to buy my own server and set it up for PUGs, or find someone specifically that only runs decent servers.

thanks for your help

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined