JoeNotAScrub

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

Steam Name: JoeNotAScrub
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47889356

JoeNotAScrub - STEAM_0:0:47889356 -http://logs.tf/665196

I was playing demo on a HLEU koth_viaduct. I admit that I am not the best Demo, but I still played seriously (which was decent/good) and to the best of my ability. I left the game after the match ended (We lost 3-1) and tried to join another lobby but got an error message. The message stated that I had been banned because I was "offensive to our medic".

I think this is unfair because the medic (MasterNoob) and admin that banned me did not have any evidence to suggest I was offensive. Other people, who were also suggesting that s/he change from quick-fix to medi-gun (including the heavy) I never said anything remotely mean or insulting, despite other players (who did not receive a ban) saying much worse things. These quotes were taken from the console, I do not know how to get them, so I sifted through many (100's) lines of console to get the evidence.

Things I said - I got banned
"Stop using qf" (quickfix)
"They counter every time" ... Medic tries to !rep me (only one)
"you're not popping fast enough to get an uber advantage"

"You were the one complaining first" (in reply to "enough with the fucking complaining")
"med stop complaining and use a proper gun" - (I felt that if he used stock we would not get counter ubered instantly)
"med is hypocrit" (Might seem offensive, but at the time I thought it was justified; complaining about other players being bad; but then ignoring both pockets wanting a proper medic gun, as we had both died quite a few times from getting counter-popped. Also complained but when we gave a proper reply, swearing and telling us to shutup and banning me. If he had used stock we would have stood a chance on a Stock vs Stock rather than Stock vs Qf)

Things the other plays said about the choice in medigun (this is not me)
"Med go uber or kritz"

"just go uber or something"
"kritz?"
"med go uber or kritz and just keep me buffed" - said heavy - "No" he replied
"switch medigun"
"med why the fuck did you drop me"
"you let me die when you had quick fix" (he had uber)
"good luck being trash at the game"
"you dont use a good gun anyway"

Things the medic said (In my eyes more offensive then what i said)
"demo, for fucks sake what are you doing?"

"demo stfu"
"enough with the fucking complaining"
"fucking div7 scrub" (directed at me, I think?)
"bequiet"
"joe ,not another word from you" (After this I did not say anything, as I realized he was a TF2CENTER admin)

"While this is an adult and competitive environment, and a certain amount of swearing and "trash talk" is expected, persistent or excessive abuse or discrimination is strictly not tolerated." - Taken from TF2CENTER rules
I do not think I have breached any rules, I never swore or used "trash talk" simply a suggestion that would benefit our team. He was in no way forced to accept my suggestion or use it, but didn't have to ban me. In no way was my "abuse excessive" or "persistent" and looking through the console, I seldom find any "abuse" at all. 1 year is also excessive considering I didn't use any offensive language.

The way I was treated by the admin(medic) in my eyes, was offensive. I would hope that the ban could be reverted (or if not, shortened) as 1 year is large for a first offense. This is my first ban from anything related to steam. I am sorry for any wrong doing I have caused. I also love TF2CENTER as it is a great website which has improved my skill drastically. I have never rage quit and host many lobbies. I am sorry for any wrongdoings I have done towards the Admin. If you still deem the ban to be worthy.

It may seem nooby (as I am new to the TF2CENTER scene) but I did not know MasterNoob was an admin, it seems hard to believe but I have never really come across and mods/admins in my 150 lobbies. I know disrespecting players is wrong (especially the admin) and will try very hard not to get into arguments ingame again.

I have no screenshots of the chat and didn’t record a demo. The reason for the lack of screenshots/demo was because at the time in playing I didn’t even contemplate a ban happening. So once again, I am sorry for any wrong doings I have cause and desperately want my ban to be undone so I can enjoy using this website again. I have a friend who was also in the server and can back up what is said.

Thank you for your time - Joe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected