• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 man_animal

man_animal

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

What I would like to see is the ability to easily enable or disable certain weapons.

For instance if I selected the UGC Highlander config I would get a list of the approved weapons as well as a list of the banned weapons and I could choose specific ones i want to allow/disallow for my game. Players should be able to see the whitelist changes within the lobby very clearly on some portion of the screen, for instance if I unwhitelist the Kritzkrieg it should appear on the page somewhere that the Kritzkrieg is not allowed followed by a list of other changes I may have made.

I'm not sure how practical this is as I know that changing a whitelist involves uploading a new file to the server however if its possible to automate this it could help generate popularity from people who like to play with extremely broad or extremely limited weapon selections. This would also help the community by giving them first hand options to disable newly unbalanced weapons in the game. 

An afterthought would be to also include a "stock tf2" whitelist that would disallow all unlocks and allow people with minor changes they want to make to pick and choose specifically what they want without creating a massive list of changes for people to look at. Another thought is to be able to blacklist classes from certain modes (disallow sniper in 6v6 for instance). While it might not create a "professional" environment, sometimes thats not what people are after and I think it's important to cater to everyone's ideal experience.

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:52 AM

http://whitelist.tf does this pretty well.

So far, our stance on whitelists is that we want to mimic the leagues. However, there is a point to be made on testing new whitelists on TF2C. I'll take it to the devs.

#3 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:57 AM

The devs say that this is technically non-trivial on the backend. This is rejected for the moment, might be brought back in the future.

#4 JNeb900

JNeb900

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:05 AM

Am I correct in saying that TF2Center uses the ugc whitelist?

Thats usually for the best, except for a few annoying weapons.

For example, the Backburner. I swear, I see more pyros use this or the phlog then they actually use degreaser and actually try and play it right. This is constantly used by higher level players, or even just trolls, and it's just downright annoying to deal with. I play here to try and get better, but the Backburner really stops the lobby from being a good place to practice, and instead just a place for trolls to screw around with this crap

Edited by TheMattgician, 29 March 2015 - 02:57 PM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Custom TF2 Whitelist"

#5 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:12 PM

Based on this thread: http://forums.tf2cen...-on-whitelists/

You are not supposed to use anything other than an "official" white list.  No there was no definate answer given there but that was the general impression I got from the staff coments.

If you were allowed to then just edit the whitelist file on your server (it's really fracking easy).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined