2 replies to this topic

#1 dann!

dann!

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

Hey!

So I just rented a server and didn't know what was the RCon password and so I put in the password the site gave me and it was wrong, long story short, I got the "too many bad RCON attempts" and couldn't make a lobby when I actaully had it right.

Now, I get the connection refused error.

I know this is on my side, but I tried doing the unban thing above and it still won't work, it gets stuck setting the level.

Also, both the user ip bans and ip bans cfg files are empty.

You said that there were more IP's. Could that be the problem?

If there are others that my server might be banning, please let me know.

Other than that, I don't know what to do, I'm new at server stuff.

EDIT: It does change the level of the game even though TF2Center says its stuck there, after that, it gives the error

Edited by Mother Tereza, 07 December 2014 - 05:44 PM.
Moved into Bugs forum

#2 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:59 PM

Where did you rent the server from?

#3 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

You may find this helpful:
http://forums.tf2cen...om-your-server/

So this is what happened.  Every time you set up a lobby, a single TF2C server connects to your game server through RCON and sets up the server for the lobby.  If you enter the wrong rcon password when setting up a lobby, the TF2C server keeps on using a bad rcon password.  Eventually the tf2c server connecting to your game server will get banned for too many tries.   Effectively blocking any future lobby attempts.

I wonder if you did this, or if the rented server has done this in the past and is still block/banning the tf2 server.

One way that you can get around this is to log in to the rented server from TF2 and do the rcon commands to clear the bans list.

I'm going to reject the bug report and keep it around for 24h so people can learn/read.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined