#1 BarefootedLoner

BarefootedLoner

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:59 AM

Name: Cabinet Liner

Steam URL: http://steamcommunit...barefootedloner

I was banned for copy and pasting a meme on Remove Kebab, a youpoop off of an old propaganda video of Serbian soldiers. The text I pasted from my clipboard wasn't intended to degrade Croatians or Turks, but to instead show the, er, lobbyists? I don't know the correct term, how stupid this rant was. Now having known that it offended people that were on the site, I am humiliated that I have committed such an act of felony, and do agree that I should be punished. 2 months would be adequate if I was actually attempting to degrade Croatians and Turks. This was not what I was doing. Again, I do agree that I still deserve some ban time, if people's feelings and inner self were truly degraded, but perhaps over a shorter period of time. Sorry about the bad phrasing, its 2 AM and I haven't slept in 34 hours. Just recently used the custom url feature, so I need to wait a while before it registers that it is actually my steam url. Guess I will have to use tf2lobby while I wait for the ban to clear up.

With my Deepest Apologies and Pure Intentions,

Cabinet Liner

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:05 AM

Why were you trying to show that to the players in the lobby?

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 BarefootedLoner

BarefootedLoner

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:43 AM

Because it was hilarious to me at the time how stupid the passage was at the time. Ever heard of Randy Newman's "Short People"? It's a song about how short people don't have any reason to live, and lists incredibly flawed reasons as to why. It was intended as a joke, but received a huge amount of outrage from the public. When Newman later explained the song, he said that it was made to show how ridiculous racism/fachism was. I feel myself to be in the same situation (not that I am comparing myself to Mr. Newman, of course, I am nowhere near as talented as him lol). Again, I was attempting to portray it as a joke, but it was taking offensively. It was for the laughs, luop. For the laughs.

Well, I'm going to bed, will see you in 8-10 hours

#4 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:25 PM

Since I have applied this ban, I want to clarify something. Firstly you have been banned for 1 month, not 2. Secondly, this type of behavior or "jokes" has a zero tolerance level on TF2C. So you have to think twice when you are opening your mouth in a chat. Thirdly, as I see you are intelligent enough to give an adequate response and bring an apologies. This can be taken into consideration. I will leave this for other mods to make a final decision.

#5 BarefootedLoner

BarefootedLoner

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

bump I guess?

#6 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:08 AM

Rejected. 

Something like that which you posted is extremely offensive, and the fact that you think it was "just for laughs" makes it even worse. This is the internet, so certain levels of immaturity are to be expected, but this is completely over the top. You can wait it out.

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected