eunwol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationA Box

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:08 PM

Name: Windy / Wundy

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:51893134

Reason(s): I got banned for repping someone on the opposite team for perma offclassing.

I was informed, and assured from the forums that perma offclassing was against the rules. Especially in 6s, where if you were to perma offclass instead of even trying to pick the one class you chose, is reppable. 

Looking around the forums, I've seen 2 people get temp bans for perma offclassing to both Pyro in one case and Engie in the other. Both in 6s I believe. Why was I (and all of the people I played with) banned for this reason? Like, seriously? Are you kidding me? So someone can get banned for perma offclassing, but as soon as someone REPS the person perma offclassing they're banned instead. I'm just wondering. It's silly to me.

And just in case you're confused as of what I mean by perma offclassing is, I mean like going Pyro the entire game and not once going the class you signed up for.

Edited by Kino, 11 November 2014 - 10:09 PM.

deviantArt â™¥ Tumblr â™¥ Steam

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:23 PM

Off classing isn't banned, because 6s isn't 6s without off classing. Inappropriate off classing is what's against the rules.

The other players were banned for inappropriate off classing, because they were purposely trolling by not playing their assigned class. This case is an entirely different matter. The team the player was on had no problem with him off classing, hence why it was not considered "inappropriate". You !repped him, saying that off classing is a bannable offense, when its not. His entire team was fine with him playing perma-pyro (which was clearly evident in the chat logs)

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 eunwol

eunwol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationA Box

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:34 PM

Someone else was temp. banned for off-classing to Pyro the entire game. Why is he the special Pyro now?

#4 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:40 PM

Whether a player gets banned for off classing entirely depends on whether the team he is playing on wants him to do so. If the team is okay with him off classing, than its fine. If the team is wanting him to switch back, and he won't, than its inappropriate off classing.

The opposing team has no say in this. Hence why you were banned for !repping him.

• Computer likes this
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#5 eunwol

eunwol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationA Box

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:56 AM

If that's really the case, then my entire team misunderstood those rules and I think there needs to be a clarification seeing as every single one of us on the team said the exact same thing the exact same way.

#6 Computer

Computer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:11 PM

Rejected.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected