Steam Name - [OTS] Toasty

Steam ID - STEAM_0:0:42782230

Lobby Number - 52030

Date and Time - 3/7/2014 ~7:16 EST

Screenshots -

Spoiler

Demo Filehttps://app.box.com/...dwpz4dawyq2lr6a

Status - Look at 2nd screenshot above.

Before the lobby started, sv_gravity was turned to 0, as well as sv_cheats being set to 1. If you look at the demo, you can clearly see that the enemy medic has noclipped into our spawn. I start hitting him with my southern hospitality and he won't seem to die.

#2 Toasty

Toasty

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

I didn't do shit.

I utilize a website called ServeMe, which provides free and temporary server rentals. I maintain that I did not utilize console commands at any point during the match and call for a thorough investigation regarding who actually did.

-To\asty

#3 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

I didn't do shit.

I utilize a website called ServeMe, which provides free and temporary server rentals. I maintain that I did not utilize console commands at any point during the match and call for a thorough investigation regarding who actually did.

-To\asty

Unless you gave the rcon password that serveme gave you to someone else, you were the only one that could've done that.

#4 mikey99222

mikey99222

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

actually that website ,makes you PAY to be able to change anything in the console, it is the websites fault >:(

• Toasty likes this

#5 Toasty

Toasty

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Unless you gave the rcon password that serveme gave you to someone else, you were the only one that could've done that.

I was hosting for a UGC team. I gave them the password because they couldn't connect.

/thread

#6 mikey99222

mikey99222

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

rcon makz u pay bitch please  :ph34r:

#7 Toasty

Toasty

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

That screenshot proves absolutely nothing, by the way. Unless you have usernames associated with commands, you cannot conclusively prove that a single person did it.

As I said, the RCON password was provided to the team I was hosting for.

#8 Mint

Mint

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

Toasty, I would like to interject that as lobby leader you are the only individual that anyone knows had rcon. Therefore, since you're in such a position, I would wager that you're guilty until proven innocent. However, I also believe that trolling/griefing shouldn't be a bannable offense, and tf2center should focus on banning hackers and MAYBE map exploiters. I feel like servers, instead, should be banned, to take the power away from the trolling server owners because I think the !report function is sufficient in removing griefers from games. 

#9 Toasty

Toasty

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

Toasty, I would like to interject that as lobby leader you are the only individual that anyone knows had rcon. Therefore, since you're in such a position, I would wager that you're guilty until proven innocent. However, I also believe that trolling/griefing shouldn't be a bannable offense, and tf2center should focus on banning hackers and MAYBE map exploiters. I feel like servers, instead, should be banned, to take the power away from the trolling server owners because I think the !report function is sufficient in removing griefers from games. 

Except the server wasn't owned my be.

na.serveme.tf

#10 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

Except the server wasn't owned my be.

na.serveme.tf

Yes, but na.serveme.tf only shows YOU the rcon password. no one else can see it besides the guy who owns serveme.tf and he would not do that

#11 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

I would wager that you're guilty until proven innocent.

Look, these ban forums work like the courts. Innocent until proven guilty. It is possible someone else used the RCON password although that is likely to be because toasty gave it to them. I haven't watched the demo myself but frankly unless it is obvious from the demo who was putting the sv cheat commands in we cannot assume that toasty did it.

Having said that toasty, if we ever get another complaint about a server that you hosted being abused then we will most likely take action whether we can prove it was you or not because you clearly aren't capable of running a server if you can't decide who can be trusted with the RCON password.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#12 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

[2014-03-08 00:17:05,051] 03/07/2014 - 18:17:04: rcon from "99.247.134.86:53740": command "sv_cheats 1"
[2014-03-08 00:17:28,976] 03/07/2014 - 18:17:28: rcon from "99.247.134.86:53740": command "budda"
[2014-03-08 00:18:06,001] 03/07/2014 - 18:18:05: rcon from "99.247.134.86:53740": command "sv_gravity 0"

Upon further investigation, it has been determined that Toasty is innocent and was not the one issuing these rcon commands.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected