Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

Just an idea, when a player leaves and a sub is called, would be nice if the person wanting to enter would have to enter the reserved slot password as everyone did to join the slot during pug setup. I'd say make it an optional setting that is turned off by default.

#2 Swagni

Swagni

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

Can you go into further detail why you think this is a good idea? Getting a sub quickly is about providing a good and mostly uninterrupted gaming experience to the other players in the lobby. i don't really see how this helps anyone.

#3 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

Granted, might not be the best way to deal with it but having a player replacement come in with 600 ping is a little frustrating, so much so not having a player might of been better. Generally most people stick to their regions, but you do get the odd few. I admit, this idea wasn't exactly fleshed out, just a mere brain dump.

#4 Kenneth

Kenneth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

The same problem could be solved by region locking, or more enforcement of those who join lobbies not in their region. 

#5 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

There are plenty of EU people that play US lobbies, especially late EU times. For east coast servers the ping of ~100 is fine.

Maybe we could make users confirm they want to join if it's outside their region, to stop accidental clicks or people not realising?

#6 Swagni

Swagni

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

There are plenty of EU people that play US lobbies, especially late EU times. For east coast servers the ping of ~100 is fine.

Maybe we could make users confirm they want to join if it's outside their region, to stop accidental clicks or people not realising?

That's exactly what I wanted to do (instead of the feedback warning) but the idea got declined by MN. 

#7 jayserp

jayserp

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

That's exactly what I wanted to do (instead of the feedback warning) but the idea got declined by MN. 

Let's take this into the Developers area and discuss...

jayserp | steam

#8 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

Working on locking lobbies by region instead of this.

Declined

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined