• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Yahiamice

Yahiamice

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

To check that if on this eu game some NA exceptions are present,for instance.

Idea preview :

Attached File  asmallidea.png   7.31KB   0 downloads

Hovering the icons should make you able to have a name of the country. I've knew many people who can't even spell "Morocco" in those lobbies.

Your opinion?

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:30 AM

+1

I love this idea, would be useful to see if someone is EU vs NA when waiting for a lobby to start.

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:38 AM

This would be nice, since I usually check people's UGC/ETF2L profiles to get locations so I can boot the folks that are playing in regions they shouldn't when I am running a lobby and this would make that much easier.  (As long as it works better than the server location garbage)

#4 CHERRY

CHERRY

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

That could not work out for you since Morocco is not in Europe, but sure sounds like a nice idea.

790159.png?40687377

#5 Yahiamice

Yahiamice

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

That could not work out for you since Morocco is not in Europe, but sure sounds like a nice idea.

Fuck, you got me.

But since there isnt a classification for african regions,i'm in EU,right?

...right?

#6 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:53 PM

This was brought up previously. I believe it was decided that this kind of info should be on the profile, but not on the lobby pages.

#7 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:03 AM

I think, this is a very bad idea with a strong negative consequences for many players. By bringing person's nationality on TF2C we will open gates for the various forms of discrimination, nationalism, fascism etc. Lobby leaders with their right to ban people would be using this factor as yet one reason to kick and ban people judging them by their nationality.

Regardin region issue, this sooner or later will be solved with the "Region lock" feature.

#8 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:12 PM

You could make it optional for players to show their nationality on their profile, the default being not to show it.

#9 Yahiamice

Yahiamice

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:20 PM

You could make it optional for players to show their nationality on their profile, the default being not to show it.

I was ABOUT to point that out. I haven't thought of the idea of discrimination,but as long as it's a choice to show it then it's pretty fine

#10 RTC

RTC

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:33 PM

I think displaying your nationality on your profile page should be an option, not a necessity. Some people would rather keep their location private, whether they fear racial backlash, or simply because of preference, and that decision should be respected no matter what they choose to do. The suggestion has both positive and negative attributes, but the latter can be marginalized by allowing a user to tweak it accordingly.

Of course, this doesn't entirely prevent discrimination, but hopefully it lessens its impact, and therefore makes it easier to track those partaking in it so they may be dealt with a pertinent punishment.

Posted Image

The river Styx is calling your number.
The hot winds of Hell breathe your name.

#11 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:06 PM

Regarding region issue, this sooner or later will be solved with the "Region lock" feature.

Exactly this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined