Oxy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLincoln, England

Steam Profile

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:07 AM

http://forums.tf2cen...509/#entry11722

This thread recently got locked and I find it a little unfair that I was unable to respond and ask some questions behind his logic. At the end of the day if he feels he has done nothing wrong I don't see any problem with me asking him a couple of things :)

1) If you could clarify what:

"Firstly, that was a bunch of TC's players that came together and nobody was waiting a long time to get these players."

actually means then that would be great, because I do not understand what you mean.

2) I think you utterly misunderstood what my comment actually meant. It was in response as you can see (http://i.imgur.com/IOnNj97.png) to someone saying something. Granted, it wasn't exactly the most elegant line I've ever used but it wasn't meant in an offensive manner. More just that it does indeed suck to wait to play a lobby. If you were offended by it then I apologise but really there was nothing in it.

3) You talk about the 'Queue'. Firstly; I do not necessarily disagree with the overall idea of it. However, I don't think it is good to implement such things on the fly when no such thing is implemented in the site. It is also riddled with logical flaws. Like I said before, we had 9 people ready wanting to play a lobby together. We cannot fit in the one or two spots left in your process lobby. Secondly; the system does not exist. There is nothing anywhere that tells me I should wait to make another lobby. Nothing. We always try not to make the same kind of lobby as ones currently already up and wait for similar ones to start before making another. In this case however, it was of a different gametype with a different mumble restriction. I did not see any harm in making it.

4) Most of the people in the lobby were pretty much invited by me. That is why the lobby was filling quickly in comparison to yours. Every time I make a lobby I spam people on my FL to fill it and a little gathering appears in our mumble ready for some games and throughout the night we get a little snowball effect going until eventually we can pretty much fill lobbies with people we know. This is why it sometimes gives the illusion our lobbies are filling faster. We send each other links and fill up lobbies because we love playing TF2 together on your site. Our lobby would have started within a couple of mins if it wasn't for your intervention :(

5) You say that it was for the 'manual regulation for the benefit of ALL players in ALL lobbies'. In what world does closing a lobby that only requires a spy and a heavy to start beneficial to anyone but yourself, waiting to start in the other lobby? There is no way you would have closed our lobby if you had not been waiting in the other one yourself.

6) The way in which you go about things is wrong for your site's image. YOU are the representative of TF2C to the public. And when you act like this in public you are responsible for how you make yourselves look. I have been community manager of TC for a long time and one thing I have learnt over that time is that it only takes one bad apple to spoil things for everyone. If someone in a TC tag is being an absolute jerk to people I will bet my life they will say 'TC are jerks' rather than 'X player is a jerk' and when you are representing TF2C the same thing applies. To me and others in the lobby, you closed our lobby with no explanation to speed up yours starting. And people were pissed off. That instantly comes across badly for TF2C - whether you like me or not don't let that effect how you would do things because there were 15 other people in that lobby. I'm in no way telling you how to act - that is your choice.

Edited by TheMattgician, 17 October 2014 - 05:07 PM.
Moved from Request and Suggestions. Is it that hard to scroll down the main forum page?

• MasterNoob and Moist Penguin like this
Posted Image

#2 xenith

xenith

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

Good luck, you're playing on a website where admins literally feel they can do anything because, "HURR DONT COMPLAIN, ITS FREE XD". They can ban you for making this post if they wanted too, and you can't do anything. Just wait for TF2Games (if that wasn't a hoax) to come around.

#3 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:54 PM

Good luck, you're playing on a website where admins literally feel they can do anything because, "HURR DONT COMPLAIN, ITS FREE XD". They can ban you for making this post if they wanted too, and you can't do anything. Just wait for TF2Games (if that wasn't a hoax) to come around.

My honest take.  Because, "We wote the code from scratch and payed every dollar."

Hard to go to someone's house, drink their beer, swim in their pool, eat their food, and then tell them off.  But some assholes manage to do it.

• Luop90 likes this

#4 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:39 PM

With my player hat on, it's more like someone hosting a party, telling people they can bring any drink they like, and then sending them home because no-one is drinking the ones they supplied.

With my admin hat on, this is being discussed internally.

#5 RTC

RTC

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:49 PM

I've been watching developments from the sidelines on this matter, and I've come to a firm conclusion on the matter. I don't expect anyone to have to accept my opinion on the matter as it lies on the middle of the threshold, but I feel the need to at least influence people's perceptions on the matter.

I think that whilst Tereza was ultimately in the right with his decision, it was very poorly executed. Oxy raises a good point about the queue suggestion being a good idea...the problem being it's a rule that isn't in effect yet. If the situation was explained more clearly before actions were made, none of this would have arisen in the first place. Whether Oxy said "sucks to be him", insulted a family member or quoted the lyrics from a death metal song doesn't matter, Tereza should have explained to him what he was doing wrong, made sure he acknowledged that and then shut the lobby. Shutting the lobby randomly makes Tereza look not only opportunistic, but also unwilling to explain the rules to those unaware. I'm not telling Tereza how to do his job as an admin, we just expect some common courtesy whilst enforcing the rules (and it's not like what Oxy said was horrific or even mean-spirited in general.

Also, I'd just like to say the whole "We made it, we govern it however the fuck we want" argument can only support you to a certain extent. You're more than welcome to forge rules whenever you feel like it, and you can outright tell us that freedom of speech does not apply. That doesn't mean you are immune to any critique because of it.

I'm not picking sides on any of this, but that's how I geniunely see it.

• MasterNoob likes this

Posted Image

The river Styx is calling your number.
The hot winds of Hell breathe your name.

#6 MsAnimator7

MsAnimator7

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

Not to mention, my comment on the previous thread was deleted? What? That is preventing my freedom of speech, if Mother Tereza knows that he did nothing wrong, why delete my comment? My argument was basically: our lobby was filling faster, Mother Tereza was annoyed that his one had taken so long to fill, so closed our one so that his one would fill faster, that is basically all there is to say on this matter, he argued that there was not enough players to fill them, but that is false, as there were 140 euro players online at the time, and it only takes 18 players to fill each highlander lobby.

76561198037560108.png

#7 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:24 PM

Not to mention, my comment on the previous thread was deleted? What? That is preventing my freedom of speech, if Mother Tereza knows that he did nothing wrong, why delete my comment? My argument was basically: our lobby was filling faster, Mother Tereza was annoyed that his one had taken so long to fill, so closed our one so that his one would fill faster, that is basically all there is to say on this matter, he argued that there was not enough players to fill them, but that is false, as there were 140 euro players online at the time, and it only takes 18 players to fill each highlander lobby.

1) Tereza did not hide your comment.

2) No, I didn't either.

3) The ban forums are not a discussion thread. Your post qualified as that.

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#8 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

Mr. Oxy, I could answer on your questions and point you even more facts that you have no idea about, but after the tons of shit that you and your fellows has thrown into me on another forum, dialogue between us becomes impossible. You are making apologies for the one stupid move, meanwhile posting here this rude and ridiculous ban request and insulting me even strongly on another forum. I'm already aware that making scandals on an empty place is your main competence. And this is definitely the answer why a lot of TF2 players recognize TC as a toxic "community". You mentioned jerks? Yes, maybe. Sorry, I'm not competent in english swearing.

Keep shitting, but not here. The dog is barking, caravan moves on.

Dixi (if you know that does it mean).