Oxy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLincoln, England

Steam Profile

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:50 PM

Hello fellow people of TF2center.

So me and my friends decided to play a lobby together this evening on the lovely tf2center. We had 9 of us in mumble so it was pretty easy to fill one up.

However, once we hit 16 people Mother Tereza was deeply upset that his own lobby wasn't filling up so fast (that he put on a not-as popular map at midnight...) and decided to just come and close ours.

Lobby #237638

http://i.imgur.com/IOnNj97.png

This is a massive instance of admin abuse and was absolutely wrong, abusing his powers entirely for his own benefit and making TF2center look like arrogant egotisical morons in the process. He does this with absolutely no regard for his fellow admins who are working hard to try and make TF2center a better place for the community to be.

I expect an apology for him wasting our time - and not from another admin like last time.

We do thank you for hundreds of lobbies our community has played together on your site - however I am sure you can agree this guy does not belong on your team.

Thanks,

Oxy

Posted Image

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:51 AM

There's definitely more to this story.

Lets wait for Mother Tereza to arrive...

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:56 AM

Poor Oxy,
It is funny how desperately you are trying to make an elephant from the fly   :D
Ok, i will try to explain the simple things for you.

Firstly, that was a bunch of TC's players that came together and nobody was waiting a long time to get these players. Secondly, disrespectful behaviour shouldn't be ignored. I agree that I had to explain you the situation before closing the lobby, but I changed my mind after noticed that: "23:09:35  TC Oxy: sucks to be him". So it is me who can expect your apoligies. I don't know what was wrong with you, maybe a bad day, but this is also me, whom you should thank for the creation of TF2Center. Maybe it is sucks to be Mother Tereza, but you definitely can't know, how it is actually, therefore don't lie  B)

I was on the site during last 2 hours and was observing the speed of lobbies filling. I also have Google analytics data at my hands, which is more accurate than site's players counter. Believe me, there wasn't enough players even for 1 EU HL. Everybody familiar with this typical legacy of TF2Lobby: late night, you're sitting in one lobby around a hour, waiting it to start, then someone is opening badwater and the cycle repeats now for both lobbies. Therefore call it a manual regulation for the benefit of ALL players in ALL lobbies, because we still don't have the automated queues algorithm, though it is somewhere on a list. Also I, as one of TF2C core creators, stand on the simple rule that should be respected on TF2C - first come, first serve. First lobby in a queue should has a priority over the later one. That was a TF2Lobby cancer and it is still TF2C's sickness especially during night time. The desire to improve this situation was one of my main reasons, why I have started to work on TF2C.

The problem is that some players do not understand this, and seems you are the one of them. Try to think about the simple fact - if the one lobby can't start, another one only increases the waiting time for both lobbies. And don't tell me, that people just want to play another map - 17 players in cp_process lobby have the same rights as you, except the higher priority in queue. Also why do you feel that you have a right to demand something from us? This is a free to play site - you don't like it, you don't use it. So leave your bullish habits for the other places and refrain from such a ridiculous reports in a future.

Btw, I was a better opinion about you.

#4 jayserp

jayserp

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:19 AM

Rejected.

jayserp | steam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected