#1 naknak

naknak

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

lobby http://rc.tf2center.com/lobbies/227453

Banned because I once complained about his mishandling of a lobby.  That complaint resulted in a one-week create ban.  

I could have been queued up in a different lobby during that time and instead my time was wasted.   That seems totally contrary to both the letter and spirit of the new rules.  

It's almost as if (exactly as if) I'm the one being punished for his misbehaviour.  I'm sure this consequence is not what you guys intend when you hand out short bans that give offenders a second chance.  

• The Once and Future King likes this

#2 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:20 PM

How did you determine that was the reason?  People in the chat, not love, were saying it was because you are too good with pipes.

Here's the thing, we can't know the reasons.  Thus this area of TF2C is left mainly up to the lobby owner.  I would suggest avoiding people that may have quarrels with you (valid or not.)

#3 naknak

naknak

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:41 PM

How did you determine that was the reason?  People in the chat, not love, were saying it was because you are too good with pipes.

Oh it's easy to disprove that -- I'm terrible with pipes!   31% accuracy is shameful.

The clue for me is that Love and I have never exchanged words or had a disagreement, except about whether  it's ok to shutdown a server when your team is losing.   If he has some other beef he's kept it very quiet.

In fairness I will mention that I joined a different lobby a few minutes ago, also led by Love as it turns out, and was not banned.  So maybe he is now over his upset and we can all carry on.

#4 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

Or misclick. It happens.

#5 naknak

naknak

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

I believe banning takes two clicks.

#6 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:55 PM

Closed. One ban isn't abuse.
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected