#1 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

I'm sure we have all been there ... we wait 30 minutes for a lobby to fill and when that last med/heavy final joins the ready up screen pops up and you watch as 10 player then 12, then 13 ready up.  But wait!!! it stopped at 14 or 15 and now we are stuck waiting for engies and meds again.

I don't know if this is a result of people joining lobbies and then forgetting about them or people trolling but it would be nice to see something to prevent this from happening.  It could be as simple as a second reliability score that instead of going down based on the number of times you leave a lobby that's already started, it would go down based on the number of times you fail to ready up for a lobby.

Another option would be for the site to just track it "quietly" and if it happens say ... 5 times in one week period they are banned for X days from using TF2center.  If it happens again they are banned for X+2 days, and so on.  The bans reseting down one level for every 2 weeks initially and then every week after the first two that they go without failing to ready up.  This would ensure that someone who just stepped away from their comp to use the bathroom, or go outside for a smoke would not be penalized because it would only happen once in a while to them but would discourage people who habitually do this and would stop people who are doing it only to troll.

#2 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hmm. I'm not sure having 2 reliability scores is a wise idea. Might be confusing to tell which one is which just from icons, but I guess the silent tracking idea might work.

Edit: Yes I spotted that whilst I was writing it, I've edited my post since.

Edited by R.E.M., 04 March 2014 - 02:53 PM.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#3 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

But what if that person had just gone downstairs to do something (whilst pre-rupped) and spent  > 3 mins and 46 seconds and by then not only had his pre-rup run out but he'd been kicked. It's not particular fair to track people's reliability because in the case that they join but don't rup it's normally not much of an inconveniance because once a lobby has all the players less 1 or 2 then it takes very little time to fill usually and it's usually an honest mistake that they were AFK a bit too long or they forgot to pre-rup.

This would ensure that someone who just stepped away from their comp to use the bathroom, or go outside for a smoke would not be penalized because it would only happen once in a while to them and it would not add up to 5 times in one week but would discourage people who habitually do this and would stop people who are doing it only to troll.

#4 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

The issue with this is that occasionally people have to get up from the computer and it's something out of their control. It doesn't make much sense to penalize them for that.

• R.E.M. likes this

#5 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

The issue with this is that occasionally people have to get up from the computer and it's something out of their control. It doesn't make much sense to penalize them for that.

This would ensure that someone who just stepped away from their comp to use the bathroom, or go outside for a smoke would not be penalized because it would only happen once in a while to them and it would not add up to 5 times in one week but would discourage people who habitually do this and would stop people who are doing it only to troll.

It's like people don't even read a post before responding to it.

Edited by The Once and Future King, 05 March 2014 - 01:33 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined