9 replies to this topic

#1 mizx

mizx

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:40 AM

My suggestion is to not allow lobby leaders to join other lobbies.

As a host, you should be aware things that happen with or on your server, such as but not limited to, your server crashing, rule breakers/trolls, etc.

We all know mikengo is notorious for hosting ridiculous lobbies with illogical restrictions and take 2+ hours to start. If you're hosting a lobby, you should be aware if something happens, such as but not limited to server crashing, rule breakers/trolls, etc. You also can't start maps that would take <10 mins to fill when mikengo does this.

• Hooded Skeleton likes this

#2 Hooded Skeleton

Hooded Skeleton

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

I agree, this would be a very beneficial change to the system. Just the other day Mikengo had a koth_pro_viaduct highlander lobby up for majority of the day, and with the restrictions set on each class (not just Medic and Demo or something) it made it take around 3 hours (or more) to actually fill. I can also recall where others have made lobbies with popular maps like pl_swiftwater_ugc with requirements for each class so high only very few people could actually join.

Implementing this system would not only encourage lobby leaders to lower requirements to allow more people to play (which is the kind of environment TF2Center is known for) but it would also, make the hosts be more mindful of any lobby issues like the server becoming unreachable. I give my support to this change.

#3 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:21 PM

I disagree with this one.

I constantly use my server all the time to create lobbies based on what people in chat want to play. If I'm already waiting for a HL lobby, there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to make a 6s lobby if people want one.
  • The Once and Future King, TheMattgician and Computer like this
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#4 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

I completely disagree with this - as will almost anyone who hosts lobbies for other people but doesnt want to participate in the lobby themselves.
  • The Once and Future King and Computer like this

#5 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:28 PM

I completely disagree with this - as will almost anyone who hosts lobbies for other people but doesnt want to participate in the lobby themselves.

It's not that this will just affect a small number of users, but what's more, it will affect only a small number of people who host lobbies. In other words, this affects probably almost no one as far as the population of the site goes.

Edited by b33p, 11 September 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#6 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:47 PM

I think the problem is with you guys who don't join lobbies with restrictions even when you meet them, and not with the leaders.  If any particular user is that bad that no one will join their lobbies just because it is their lobby then maybe the staff need to look at weather that person should be allowed to create lobbies or not.  Honestly Mikengo is not that bad, he does occasionally set the req's high, but he also sets reasonable req's (or removes them all together) and the lobbies don't fill so the problem is not his req's but rather people not joining lobbies with req's even when they meet the req's, or the problem is with the fact that one or two people decided to start ranting about Mikengo because they don't get along with him and have now through repeated slander from the likes of all ya'll in the chat and on the forums managed to turn a portion of the community against him so people just don't join his lobbies because it is his lobby.

There is nothing wrong with req's, yes the site is here to help newer people to comp, but that doesn't mean someone who installed the game yesterday, and that doesn't mean 100% of the lobbies have to be accessible to newbies as some of us like an actually competitive game now and then and having standards to the lobby will not guarantee that but will increase the likelihood that an actual good game might happen.  That doesn't mean I should be restricted from playing a different lobby while I am waiting for my good lobby to fill when I start lobbies with req's (that are easy to meet at 50%/15lobbies/420hrs but still take forever to fill due to people like you guys with your negative attitude toward req's.)

#7 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

It is still a stupid idea to place more restrictions than necessary on people who are already a minority, and their servers for allowing lobbies to be hosted as often as they are.

#8 fraac

fraac

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:33 AM

No no, this would be the wrong solution. I host lots of lobbies I don't play in. I even thought about automating it to make sure there's always an available lobby. MikenGo is banned now anyway.

• Kelpady likes this

#9 mizx

mizx

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:46 AM

MikeNGo is banned. Thank goodness. Just lock this topic.

#10 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

I will start lobbies and not play in them per requests in main chat.  I do this very frequently.  It is a service, not an annoyance IMO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined