Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:43 AM

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunit...id/bga_MikeNGo/

he was abusing kick/ban tools. While the rules are that the lobby leader can chose how to use the kick and ban tools I think this is just insane he banned a lot of people from one lobby for stupid reasons...

Not trying to get him banned for making stupid and annoying troll lobbies though, want him banned for kicking and banning people for stupid reasons and for abusing the kick and ban tools.

Mikengo has a really huge reputation for being a cancerous lobby creator and he needs a warning at the least :\. 

Evidence:

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#2 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:25 AM

I don't see the stupid reasons that you speak about.  Please elaborate.

#3 Tury

Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:43 AM

He randomly kicks Route for no reason at all. He banned a couplepeople for "innapropriate" names that probably wouldn't get most of them banned for having... If he is gonna ban everyone with a name he doesn't like he should go to PPM where you get a 3 year ban for saying curse words. He does it to troll. He makes lobbies with insanely high requirements and then bans half of the people out of them for silly reasons like they insulted him or made a joke about him he didn't like. He even said igt himself that his lobbies usually take 3 hours to start. If you make a lobby and you know its going to take 3 hours to start why even bother? You would be much better of doing a PUG or something instead of waiting for 3 hours..

#4 Sparhawk

Sparhawk

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:53 PM

He does not do this to troll. He just runs lobbies with zero tolerance. If I remember right, he will also respect the will of the majority when it comes to lowering requirements. At worst he should be required to put "Zero tolerance for bad jokes" in his requirements for lobbies....

#5 TheCapeKid

TheCapeKid

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

Ah, this. I'm surprised a post like this didn't show up on the forums earlier. I don't think mikengo deserves a ban per se, but there is a decent amount of collective community distaste for his- er- peculiar lobbies. (see http://strawpoll.me/2524443/r) I feel like this conundrum can potentially be productive for TF2C, as it does pose an issue to the flow of NA lobbies, much greater than that of finding heavies/medics, in recent memory (note that mikengo has been known to open multiple lobbies at once, effectively nullifying the use of several maps for the length his entire server reservations, which is usually an hour or so). Perhaps allow multiple maps conditionally? Or put restrictions on hour/lobby requirements for lobby leaders? Idk, although I do this this post would be better suited for the Requests & Suggestions subforum.

• Sparhawk likes this
Posted Image

#6 tofu

tofu

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

Yeah, I second this because I got banned from a few lobbies for having an "unhuman name" because my name was a few spaces. My friend who had the words "dig bick" got banned for having an inappropriate name. Even with the ridiculous restrictions he sets, the people that actually do bother to join the lobby end up getting kicked for terrible reasons.

#7 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

What I don't get about people complaining about this guy -

If you don't like his lobbies... don't play them? We aren't forcing you to play his lobby, you have the ability to make your own if you want.

#8 Tury

Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

I have a feeling this request is gonna get rejected :|

I just think he went overboard with the kicking and banning. I've seen much worse names and lobby leaders did not kick them, so when Mikengo goes on a banning spree it seems abusive to kick and ban them for minor things.

Maybe a suggestion about how high req's can be in lobbies to stop people from making lobbies where you need 2,500 hours which most people don't have. To be honest requirements are stupid they don't really help at all except for medic.. Like that Rich Homie Quan guy has like 400 hours but like 800 lobbies or something and wrecks gold players (probably an alt?).. Still point is hours don't really matter your stats should determin your skill

#9 TheCapeKid

TheCapeKid

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

Like I've mentioned before, I think most people just don't like not being to create lobbies of specific maps ... couldn't play Viaduct last night because of a mikengo lobby that didn't fill for about and hour and a half.  :(  I don't think the hours and kicks are that problematic, Tury. It's just the fact that they rarely ever start, and take much longer than any other lobbies to fill.

• Tury likes this
Posted Image

#10 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

Ah, this. I'm surprised a post like this didn't show up on the forums earlier. I don't think mikengo deserves a ban per se, but there is a decent amount of collective community distaste for his- er- peculiar lobbies. (see http://strawpoll.me/2524443/r) I feel like this conundrum can potentially be productive for TF2C, as it does pose an issue to the flow of NA lobbies, much greater than that of finding heavies/medics, in recent memory (note that mikengo has been known to open multiple lobbies at once, effectively nullifying the use of several maps for the length his entire server reservations, which is usually an hour or so). Perhaps allow multiple maps conditionally? Or put restrictions on hour/lobby requirements for lobby leaders? Idk, although I do this this post would be better suited for the Requests & Suggestions subforum.

Do you honestly expect that vote to mean anything?

Rejected. The kick/ban tools are for use at the lobby leaders discretion. As Void said, simply play in another lobby. 

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected