3 replies to this topic

#1 DukeDaniel

DukeDaniel

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

Name: Massive Rainbow Penis
SteamID / Profile Link: STEAM_0:1:36698749 / http://steamcommunit...m/id/DukeDaniel
Explanation for unban: The only thing I can think of for banning me is that recently I got stuck in a game of 6s as a 7th player.
I joined a sub request and I wanted to sub as their med. However I joined and there was still a med (who it later turned out was reported and then kicked because he shouldn't be there). I thought this was weird and pointed it out the in the TF2Center Main chat. I even contemplated making a forum post but I later decided not to cause I am a lazy bum. 
If this was the reason I was banned I hope you can unban me as I will never do that again. It just pissed me off a bit and I just decided to stay in the lobby. (I asked more then once what I should do and everyone just ignored me.) And I also didn't want to ruin my 100% or leave and cause someone else to be sub and then be stuck as 7th player.

But yeah, in short, I would never do that again as it was dumb and a waste of both my time and of everyone else in the lobby. But I do believe it wasn't my fault I ended up being 7th in a 6s lobby.
I hope you can consider unbanning me as I was really hoping I could get up to 200 lobbies by the end of this month.

#2 Zwockl

Zwockl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

Ban Thread: http://forums.tf2cen...like-behaviour/

As shown in that Thread, he joined as sub medic, but the original player didnt get reported like players used to (<steamname> got kicked from the server(disconnected and replaced by sub)). This is by now a well know bug, dont quote me but i believe that happened since the tf2update that forced tf2center to shut down because you were not able to detect if players were actually connecting to serves, which caused every lobby to get closed because of Exessive subs. Ever since, players wont get kicked when the actual sub arrives. This has been very frustrating, and usually it can go different ways. 
1) The guy gets kicked from the leader.
2) He ignores the sub and keeps on playing
3) He leaves happily and no insults were shared on that day

Needless to say that option 3 never happens.
When 1 or 2 happens, that usually ends as a ban thread on this forum, like this one for example:

So as NinjaMooCow said, its a grey zone, nothing to ban here.

Which leaves me thinking that you gave somebody a 1 week loginban for beeing called "Massive Rainblower Penis"

Really?

I really dont need to go into detail here, but i rarely play a lobby where players dont diagnose each other with mental ilnesses, talk about sexual experiences with each others mothers, or tell me that i am a rektangle -.-
So if anything, a warning, a personal message, pretty much anything would have been the first step to convince him to change his name, and not a 1 week login ban. So please, overthink what you guys just did...

#3 Holocaustwasalie

Holocaustwasalie

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

Edited by Holocaustwasalie, 06 September 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#4 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:57 PM

Please read the ban thread, you are misrepresenting.

http://forums.tf2cen...assive +rainbow

As I mentioned, he made a decision to play 7v6. 

He made the decision give people shit in chat.

7v6 is enough to warrant a ban.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected